Hello - as a high school graduation gift for our youngest child, as well as probably our last trip together as a family of 6 (oldest daughter just graduated from college this weekend, and our 2 sons are in college at present), we are going to Tanzania in June for a safari! My daughter does not have a camera, and I'd like to give her one for her graduation present to use in Africa on safari. I'd like to get her a good camera, but one where she doesn't have to switch lenses around. Are there any digital cameras which are point and shoot which would be easy for her to use, but have excellent pictures for printing out? I myself have a Nikon D-200 and a 80 - 400mm lens which I plan to bring along.. hopefully that's good enough for me, but for her, it'd be too much. She enjoys photography, but wouldn't benefit from such expensive (as well as heavy and cumbersome) photography equipment! I'd like her to be able to "zoom in" on wildlife that is kind of far away... and then, if her pictures come out great, be able to print out 8 x 10's or 11 X 14's or perhaps even 16 X 20's from her shots. Also, what's an excellent portable x drive for storage of our photos? What should I look for? Thank you very much!
Going to Tanzania in June - need camera for 18 year old daughter for Safari - any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 BUY FAKE PASSPORT (email@example.com)
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 4 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 5 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 6 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 7 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 8 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 9 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 10 Charity begins at Home!
- 11 Sun Safaris
- 12 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 13 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 14 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 15 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 16 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 17 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 18 Tour to Morocco
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 21 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 22 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 23 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 24 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 25 Uganda again