Hello - as a high school graduation gift for our youngest child, as well as probably our last trip together as a family of 6 (oldest daughter just graduated from college this weekend, and our 2 sons are in college at present), we are going to Tanzania in June for a safari! My daughter does not have a camera, and I'd like to give her one for her graduation present to use in Africa on safari. I'd like to get her a good camera, but one where she doesn't have to switch lenses around. Are there any digital cameras which are point and shoot which would be easy for her to use, but have excellent pictures for printing out? I myself have a Nikon D-200 and a 80 - 400mm lens which I plan to bring along.. hopefully that's good enough for me, but for her, it'd be too much. She enjoys photography, but wouldn't benefit from such expensive (as well as heavy and cumbersome) photography equipment! I'd like her to be able to "zoom in" on wildlife that is kind of far away... and then, if her pictures come out great, be able to print out 8 x 10's or 11 X 14's or perhaps even 16 X 20's from her shots. Also, what's an excellent portable x drive for storage of our photos? What should I look for? Thank you very much!
Going to Tanzania in June - need camera for 18 year old daughter for Safari - any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 2 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 3 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 4 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 5 Uganda Trip Report
- 6 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 7 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 8 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 9 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 10 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 11 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 12 Boutique hotels in israel
- 13 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 14 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 15 Short layover at JNB
- 16 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 17 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 18 A family safari in Tanzania
- 19 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 20 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 21 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 22 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 23 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 24 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 25 Any Experience with Africa Tours?