Hello - as a high school graduation gift for our youngest child, as well as probably our last trip together as a family of 6 (oldest daughter just graduated from college this weekend, and our 2 sons are in college at present), we are going to Tanzania in June for a safari! My daughter does not have a camera, and I'd like to give her one for her graduation present to use in Africa on safari. I'd like to get her a good camera, but one where she doesn't have to switch lenses around. Are there any digital cameras which are point and shoot which would be easy for her to use, but have excellent pictures for printing out? I myself have a Nikon D-200 and a 80 - 400mm lens which I plan to bring along.. hopefully that's good enough for me, but for her, it'd be too much. She enjoys photography, but wouldn't benefit from such expensive (as well as heavy and cumbersome) photography equipment! I'd like her to be able to "zoom in" on wildlife that is kind of far away... and then, if her pictures come out great, be able to print out 8 x 10's or 11 X 14's or perhaps even 16 X 20's from her shots. Also, what's an excellent portable x drive for storage of our photos? What should I look for? Thank you very much!
Going to Tanzania in June - need camera for 18 year old daughter for Safari - any suggestions?
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Bugs n' Botswana
- 2 My Trip to Palestine
- 3 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 4 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 5 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 6 Group Trip to Israel
- 7 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 8 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 9 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 10 My trip to Egypt .....
- 11 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 12 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 13 Safari and Beach in June
- 14 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 15 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 16 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 17 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 18 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 19 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 20 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 21 Homestay Accomodation
- 22 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 23 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 24 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 25 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2