Hello - as a high school graduation gift for our youngest child, as well as probably our last trip together as a family of 6 (oldest daughter just graduated from college this weekend, and our 2 sons are in college at present), we are going to Tanzania in June for a safari! My daughter does not have a camera, and I'd like to give her one for her graduation present to use in Africa on safari. I'd like to get her a good camera, but one where she doesn't have to switch lenses around. Are there any digital cameras which are point and shoot which would be easy for her to use, but have excellent pictures for printing out? I myself have a Nikon D-200 and a 80 - 400mm lens which I plan to bring along.. hopefully that's good enough for me, but for her, it'd be too much. She enjoys photography, but wouldn't benefit from such expensive (as well as heavy and cumbersome) photography equipment! I'd like her to be able to "zoom in" on wildlife that is kind of far away... and then, if her pictures come out great, be able to print out 8 x 10's or 11 X 14's or perhaps even 16 X 20's from her shots. Also, what's an excellent portable x drive for storage of our photos? What should I look for? Thank you very much!
Going to Tanzania in June - need camera for 18 year old daughter for Safari - any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 2 COME TO IRAN ...
- 3 Iran Info, Please
- 4 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 5 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 6 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 7 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 8 fez accommodation
- 9 what kind of phone
- 10 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 11 Johannesburg...?
- 12 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 13 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 14 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 15 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 16 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 17 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids
- 18 Suggestions for a group tour
- 19 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 20 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 21 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 22 Good online shop for diplomats located in Dubai
- 23 Morocco: Presence of Armed Guards?
- 24 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 25 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day