My wife & I are going (from Ireland via UK) to Mombasa for 2 weeks from end of December. It'll be our first time in Kenya. (Our only other experience of Africa was 10 days in Morocco 2 years ago). We have hardly any ideas yet about what to bring; for example should we bring flip-flops or buy them in Kenya? My old ones are worn out so I'll have to buy new ones anyway. What's worth bringing & what's cheap enough to buy out there? We have 20kg checked each, but may want to buy presents to bring back. We hope to walk up Mount Kenya, which will use up maybe 4 or 5 days including the bus journey and probably visit one or two game reserves near Mombasa. We are still doing research on jabs & with only 6 weeks to go we need to get prepared. Thanks!
Bring or buy?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 2 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 3 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 4 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 5 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 6 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 What camera to use on safari
- 9 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 10 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 11 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 12 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 13 To go to Israel or not?
- 14 Bidair at JNB
- 15 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 16 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 17 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 18 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 19 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 20 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 21 Dubai > Oman?
- 22 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 23 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 24 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 25 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara