My wife & I are going (from Ireland via UK) to Mombasa for 2 weeks from end of December. It'll be our first time in Kenya. (Our only other experience of Africa was 10 days in Morocco 2 years ago). We have hardly any ideas yet about what to bring; for example should we bring flip-flops or buy them in Kenya? My old ones are worn out so I'll have to buy new ones anyway. What's worth bringing & what's cheap enough to buy out there? We have 20kg checked each, but may want to buy presents to bring back. We hope to walk up Mount Kenya, which will use up maybe 4 or 5 days including the bus journey and probably visit one or two game reserves near Mombasa. We are still doing research on jabs & with only 6 weeks to go we need to get prepared. Thanks!
Bring or buy?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 River and Tsingy: tour proposed by the best guide Madagascar
- 2 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 3 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 4 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 5 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 6 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 7 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 8 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 9 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 10 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 11 Awesome trip and still not done
- 12 South Africa
- 13 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 14 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 15 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 16 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 17 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 18 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?
- 19 Cultural Tour from Maun?
- 20 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?
- 21 [UGANDA] Meeting Local People
- 22 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 23 Bidair at JNB
- 24 Sole fem traveller guide
- 25 Trip Report - Safari South Africa 2012