My wife & I are going (from Ireland via UK) to Mombasa for 2 weeks from end of December. It'll be our first time in Kenya. (Our only other experience of Africa was 10 days in Morocco 2 years ago). We have hardly any ideas yet about what to bring; for example should we bring flip-flops or buy them in Kenya? My old ones are worn out so I'll have to buy new ones anyway. What's worth bringing & what's cheap enough to buy out there? We have 20kg checked each, but may want to buy presents to bring back. We hope to walk up Mount Kenya, which will use up maybe 4 or 5 days including the bus journey and probably visit one or two game reserves near Mombasa. We are still doing research on jabs & with only 6 weeks to go we need to get prepared. Thanks!
Bring or buy?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kruger
- 2 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 3 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 4 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 5 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 6 Morocco Trip Report
- 7 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 8 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 9 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 10 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 11 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 12 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 13 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 14 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 15 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 16 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 17 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 18 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 19 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 20 Car Rentals in Israel
- 21 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 22 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 23 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 24 Johannesburg...?
- 25 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants