My wife & I are going (from Ireland via UK) to Mombasa for 2 weeks from end of December. It'll be our first time in Kenya. (Our only other experience of Africa was 10 days in Morocco 2 years ago). We have hardly any ideas yet about what to bring; for example should we bring flip-flops or buy them in Kenya? My old ones are worn out so I'll have to buy new ones anyway. What's worth bringing & what's cheap enough to buy out there? We have 20kg checked each, but may want to buy presents to bring back. We hope to walk up Mount Kenya, which will use up maybe 4 or 5 days including the bus journey and probably visit one or two game reserves near Mombasa. We are still doing research on jabs & with only 6 weeks to go we need to get prepared. Thanks!
Bring or buy?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 2 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 3 Car Rentals in Israel
- 4 Independence Day in Israel
- 5 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 6 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 Drinking on safari
- 9 Travelust
- 10 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 11 Shots for Morocco
- 12 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 13 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 14 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 15 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 16 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 17 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 18 Thinking about The Gambia
- 19 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 20 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 21 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 22 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 23 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 24 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 25 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa