My wife & I are going (from Ireland via UK) to Mombasa for 2 weeks from end of December. It'll be our first time in Kenya. (Our only other experience of Africa was 10 days in Morocco 2 years ago). We have hardly any ideas yet about what to bring; for example should we bring flip-flops or buy them in Kenya? My old ones are worn out so I'll have to buy new ones anyway. What's worth bringing & what's cheap enough to buy out there? We have 20kg checked each, but may want to buy presents to bring back. We hope to walk up Mount Kenya, which will use up maybe 4 or 5 days including the bus journey and probably visit one or two game reserves near Mombasa. We are still doing research on jabs & with only 6 weeks to go we need to get prepared. Thanks!
Bring or buy?
- 1 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 2 Tanzania in 2014
- 3 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 4 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 5 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 6 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 7 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 8 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 9 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 10 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 12 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 13 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 14 Africa Safari
- 15 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 16 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 17 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 18 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 19 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 20 Morocco - private tour operators
- 21 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 22 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 23 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 24 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 25 Kruger Park trip