My wife & I are going (from Ireland via UK) to Mombasa for 2 weeks from end of December. It'll be our first time in Kenya. (Our only other experience of Africa was 10 days in Morocco 2 years ago). We have hardly any ideas yet about what to bring; for example should we bring flip-flops or buy them in Kenya? My old ones are worn out so I'll have to buy new ones anyway. What's worth bringing & what's cheap enough to buy out there? We have 20kg checked each, but may want to buy presents to bring back. We hope to walk up Mount Kenya, which will use up maybe 4 or 5 days including the bus journey and probably visit one or two game reserves near Mombasa. We are still doing research on jabs & with only 6 weeks to go we need to get prepared. Thanks!
Bring or buy?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 2 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 3 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 4 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 5 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 6 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 7 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 8 Cape Town Trip
- 9 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 10 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 11 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 12 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 13 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 14 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 15 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 16 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 17 Eilat to Petra
- 18 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 19 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 20 Safaga activités
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 23 Jordan vacation
- 24 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 25 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?