My wife & I are going (from Ireland via UK) to Mombasa for 2 weeks from end of December. It'll be our first time in Kenya. (Our only other experience of Africa was 10 days in Morocco 2 years ago). We have hardly any ideas yet about what to bring; for example should we bring flip-flops or buy them in Kenya? My old ones are worn out so I'll have to buy new ones anyway. What's worth bringing & what's cheap enough to buy out there? We have 20kg checked each, but may want to buy presents to bring back. We hope to walk up Mount Kenya, which will use up maybe 4 or 5 days including the bus journey and probably visit one or two game reserves near Mombasa. We are still doing research on jabs & with only 6 weeks to go we need to get prepared. Thanks!
Bring or buy?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 THE GREAT WILDE BEEST MIGRATION IN KENYA
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 4 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 5 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 6 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 9 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 10 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 11 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 12 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 13 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 14 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 15 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 16 Charity begins at Home!
- 17 Sun Safaris
- 18 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 19 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 20 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 21 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 22 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 23 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 24 Tour to Morocco
- 25 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???