My wife & I are going (from Ireland via UK) to Mombasa for 2 weeks from end of December. It'll be our first time in Kenya. (Our only other experience of Africa was 10 days in Morocco 2 years ago). We have hardly any ideas yet about what to bring; for example should we bring flip-flops or buy them in Kenya? My old ones are worn out so I'll have to buy new ones anyway. What's worth bringing & what's cheap enough to buy out there? We have 20kg checked each, but may want to buy presents to bring back. We hope to walk up Mount Kenya, which will use up maybe 4 or 5 days including the bus journey and probably visit one or two game reserves near Mombasa. We are still doing research on jabs & with only 6 weeks to go we need to get prepared. Thanks!
Bring or buy?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 2 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 3 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 4 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 5 Which Southern Africa Itinerary
- 6 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?
- 7 Namibia road conditions
- 8 elderly travel to Zanzibar from USA
- 9 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 10 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 11 Questions about Chobe
- 12 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 13 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 14 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 15 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 16 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 17 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 18 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 19 Ebola and Morocco
- 20 Thompson Gazelle
- 21 Overland in West Africa
- 22 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 23 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 24 Morrocco and Cash
- 25 Don't go to Morrocco!