We (myself, husband, three kids --11, 12, 14) are traveling to Botswana for a month--three weeks to volunteer and another week to travel. We will be in the Gaborone area. I am looking into our options for safari but it seems so expensive in Botswana. I am wondering if someone might give me some advice about where we might easily go outside of Botswana? We are NOT looking for luxury or resort-like accomodations at all. We are not trying to spend NO money, just not over the top. Any advice? We plan to fly from Seattle to Gaborone -- looks like through Heathrow where we may actually get off for another two weeks. We could probably swing it through JNB, too. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa trip report
- 2 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 3 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 4 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 5 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 6 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 7 Mombasa recomendations please
- 8 Private tours in Morocco
- 9 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 10 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 11 First time to Africa-need help!
- 12 How do I know if a company is legit
- 13 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 14 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 15 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 16 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 17 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 18 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 19 Ethiopian security
- 20 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 21 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 22 morocco
- 23 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 24 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 25 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?