We (myself, husband, three kids --11, 12, 14) are traveling to Botswana for a month--three weeks to volunteer and another week to travel. We will be in the Gaborone area. I am looking into our options for safari but it seems so expensive in Botswana. I am wondering if someone might give me some advice about where we might easily go outside of Botswana? We are NOT looking for luxury or resort-like accomodations at all. We are not trying to spend NO money, just not over the top. Any advice? We plan to fly from Seattle to Gaborone -- looks like through Heathrow where we may actually get off for another two weeks. We could probably swing it through JNB, too. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco for 9 nights in February
- 2 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 3 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 4 participational photo project "Sun aroud the Globe"
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Morocco Trip Report
- 7 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 8 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 9 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 10 Israel Transportation
- 11 Changing planes at Dubai
- 12 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 13 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 14 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 15 Morocco help
- 16 First trip to Africa
- 17 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 18 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 19 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 20 IRAN
- 21 Money in Uganda
- 22 Uganda Visa
- 23 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 24 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 25 Private Guide for Cairo