A customs offcer in Malawi skimmed at least 2000K off me when I did not know that you can only leave the country with 3000K. As my flight was already boarding I just gave her the money. So if you are leaving Malawi make sure you do not have an exxcess of 3000k with you or you'll find it in the hands of a greedy customs officer. The country as a whole was wonderful but this one person tainted the experience for me. The woman made sure I did not have time to go back upstairs and get some duty free stuff, Disgraceful.
Beware of customs in Malawi
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 2 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 3 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 4 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 5 Cape Town Trip
- 6 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 7 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 8 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 9 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 10 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 11 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 12 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 13 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 14 Eilat to Petra
- 15 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 16 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 17 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 18 Safaga activités
- 19 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 20 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 21 Jordan vacation
- 22 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 23 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?
- 24 Morocco Imperial Cities & Sahara Desert - Any recommended itinerary ?
- 25 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive