A customs offcer in Malawi skimmed at least 2000K off me when I did not know that you can only leave the country with 3000K. As my flight was already boarding I just gave her the money. So if you are leaving Malawi make sure you do not have an exxcess of 3000k with you or you'll find it in the hands of a greedy customs officer. The country as a whole was wonderful but this one person tainted the experience for me. The woman made sure I did not have time to go back upstairs and get some duty free stuff, Disgraceful.
Beware of customs in Malawi
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 2 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 3 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 4 Good reads
- 5 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 6 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 Morocco Advice
- 9 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 10 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 11 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 12 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 13 3-week tour at Egypt
- 14 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 15 Beirut
- 16 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 17 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 18 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 19 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 20 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 21 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 24 I'm going on safari for free!
- 25 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013