A customs offcer in Malawi skimmed at least 2000K off me when I did not know that you can only leave the country with 3000K. As my flight was already boarding I just gave her the money. So if you are leaving Malawi make sure you do not have an exxcess of 3000k with you or you'll find it in the hands of a greedy customs officer. The country as a whole was wonderful but this one person tainted the experience for me. The woman made sure I did not have time to go back upstairs and get some duty free stuff, Disgraceful.
Beware of customs in Malawi
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morrocco and Cash
- 2 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 3 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 4 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 5 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 6 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 7 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 8 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 9 South Africa trip advices
- 10 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 11 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 12 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 13 Tour to Morocco
- 14 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 15 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 16 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 17 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 18 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 First time in Africa on safari
- 22 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 23 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 24 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety