A customs offcer in Malawi skimmed at least 2000K off me when I did not know that you can only leave the country with 3000K. As my flight was already boarding I just gave her the money. So if you are leaving Malawi make sure you do not have an exxcess of 3000k with you or you'll find it in the hands of a greedy customs officer. The country as a whole was wonderful but this one person tainted the experience for me. The woman made sure I did not have time to go back upstairs and get some duty free stuff, Disgraceful.
Beware of customs in Malawi
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 2 South Africa in February?
- 3 Car Rentals in Israel
- 4 Morocco to portugal
- 5 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 6 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 7 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 8 Independence Day in Israel
- 9 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 10 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 11 Drinking on safari
- 12 Travelust
- 13 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 14 Shots for Morocco
- 15 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 16 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 17 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 18 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 19 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 20 Thinking about The Gambia
- 21 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 22 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 23 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 24 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 25 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”