A customs offcer in Malawi skimmed at least 2000K off me when I did not know that you can only leave the country with 3000K. As my flight was already boarding I just gave her the money. So if you are leaving Malawi make sure you do not have an exxcess of 3000k with you or you'll find it in the hands of a greedy customs officer. The country as a whole was wonderful but this one person tainted the experience for me. The woman made sure I did not have time to go back upstairs and get some duty free stuff, Disgraceful.
Beware of customs in Malawi
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 2 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 3 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 4 Quick question about Kenya..
- 5 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 6 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 7 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 8 Questions about Chobe
- 9 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 10 What camera to use on safari
- 11 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 12 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 13 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 14 India
- 15 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 16 Ideas about the trip.
- 17 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 18 3 days in Teheran
- 19 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 20 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 21 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 22 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 23 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 24 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 25 Ethiopian Air - Horrible