A customs offcer in Malawi skimmed at least 2000K off me when I did not know that you can only leave the country with 3000K. As my flight was already boarding I just gave her the money. So if you are leaving Malawi make sure you do not have an exxcess of 3000k with you or you'll find it in the hands of a greedy customs officer. The country as a whole was wonderful but this one person tainted the experience for me. The woman made sure I did not have time to go back upstairs and get some duty free stuff, Disgraceful.
Beware of customs in Malawi
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 2 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 3 Recent experience with Around Morocco or Authentic Morocco Tours
- 4 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 5 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 6 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 7 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 8 Best Airline/Route from US to Rwanda & Kenya
- 9 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 10 Safari on a budget!
- 11 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 12 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 13 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 14 Things to see in Dubai
- 15 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 16 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 17 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 18 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 19 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 20 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 21 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 22 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 23 Tips for Israel
- 24 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 25 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza