A customs offcer in Malawi skimmed at least 2000K off me when I did not know that you can only leave the country with 3000K. As my flight was already boarding I just gave her the money. So if you are leaving Malawi make sure you do not have an exxcess of 3000k with you or you'll find it in the hands of a greedy customs officer. The country as a whole was wonderful but this one person tainted the experience for me. The woman made sure I did not have time to go back upstairs and get some duty free stuff, Disgraceful.
Beware of customs in Malawi
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari on a budget!
- 2 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 3 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 4 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 5 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 6 what kind of phone
- 7 Small group tours in israel
- 8 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 9 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 10 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 11 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 12 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 13 Iran Info, Please
- 14 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 15 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 16 fez accommodation
- 17 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 18 Egypt safe travel
- 19 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 20 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 21 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 22 Johannesburg...?
- 23 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 24 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 25 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs