A customs offcer in Malawi skimmed at least 2000K off me when I did not know that you can only leave the country with 3000K. As my flight was already boarding I just gave her the money. So if you are leaving Malawi make sure you do not have an exxcess of 3000k with you or you'll find it in the hands of a greedy customs officer. The country as a whole was wonderful but this one person tainted the experience for me. The woman made sure I did not have time to go back upstairs and get some duty free stuff, Disgraceful.
Beware of customs in Malawi
- 1 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 2 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 3 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 4 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 5 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 6 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 7 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 8 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 9 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 10 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 11 Africa Safari
- 12 Morocco - private tour operators
- 13 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 14 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 15 Kruger Park trip
- 16 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 17 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 18 phone service
- 19 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 20 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 21 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 22 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 23 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 24 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 25 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip