A customs offcer in Malawi skimmed at least 2000K off me when I did not know that you can only leave the country with 3000K. As my flight was already boarding I just gave her the money. So if you are leaving Malawi make sure you do not have an exxcess of 3000k with you or you'll find it in the hands of a greedy customs officer. The country as a whole was wonderful but this one person tainted the experience for me. The woman made sure I did not have time to go back upstairs and get some duty free stuff, Disgraceful.
Beware of customs in Malawi
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 2 Bugs n' Botswana
- 3 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 4 Group Trip to Israel
- 5 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 6 My Trip to Palestine
- 7 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 8 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 9 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 10 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 11 My trip to Egypt .....
- 12 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 13 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 14 Safari and Beach in June
- 15 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 16 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 17 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 18 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 19 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 20 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 21 Homestay Accomodation
- 22 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 23 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 24 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 25 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2