We found a good itinerary on AfricanTravelInc.com. They are running a promotion--14 day tour through Namibia, $3,150/person. It's a land trip so some days had very long drives. Trip begins in Windhoek. From Windhoek we drove to Mushara Lodge outside of Etosha. We stayed there two nights. We then spent one night in a Farm House, Namatubis, very nice, located outside of a different gate and closer to our next destination, Damaraland, where we stayed at the Twyfelfontein Lodge. We stayed there two nights visiting Burnt Mountain, The Organ Pipe rock formations, and the Petrified Forest. Also saw rock paintings. Next stop was Swakopmund where we spent another two days at the Swakopmund Hotel. While there we drove to Walvis Bay. Next destination was the Namib Desert Lodge which was near Sossusvlei. After another two night stay we headed back to Windhoek. We expected to be in a tour group, but when we arrived in Windhoek we were the group as no one else had signed up for our dates. It was nice having our own driver/guide. We saw lots of animals in Etosha. It was fascinating to see the changes in the landscape as we drove from one location to another. We extended our trip with a safari in Sabi Sands, South Africa, in Lion Sands River Lodge, magnificent place. We didn't want to leave. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge. I'd be happy to return the favor if anyone needs information.
Back from Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 2 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 3 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 4 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 7 Safari on a budget!
- 8 Tips for Israel
- 9 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 10 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 11 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 12 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 13 Road To Morocco Tours
- 14 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 15 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 16 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 17 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 18 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 19 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 20 Rwanda
- 21 Egypt safe travel
- 22 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 23 Zambia Impressions
- 24 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 25 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi