We found a good itinerary on AfricanTravelInc.com. They are running a promotion--14 day tour through Namibia, $3,150/person. It's a land trip so some days had very long drives. Trip begins in Windhoek. From Windhoek we drove to Mushara Lodge outside of Etosha. We stayed there two nights. We then spent one night in a Farm House, Namatubis, very nice, located outside of a different gate and closer to our next destination, Damaraland, where we stayed at the Twyfelfontein Lodge. We stayed there two nights visiting Burnt Mountain, The Organ Pipe rock formations, and the Petrified Forest. Also saw rock paintings. Next stop was Swakopmund where we spent another two days at the Swakopmund Hotel. While there we drove to Walvis Bay. Next destination was the Namib Desert Lodge which was near Sossusvlei. After another two night stay we headed back to Windhoek. We expected to be in a tour group, but when we arrived in Windhoek we were the group as no one else had signed up for our dates. It was nice having our own driver/guide. We saw lots of animals in Etosha. It was fascinating to see the changes in the landscape as we drove from one location to another. We extended our trip with a safari in Sabi Sands, South Africa, in Lion Sands River Lodge, magnificent place. We didn't want to leave. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge. I'd be happy to return the favor if anyone needs information.
Back from Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels in Nairobi
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 Uganda Travel Planning
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant