We found a good itinerary on AfricanTravelInc.com. They are running a promotion--14 day tour through Namibia, $3,150/person. It's a land trip so some days had very long drives. Trip begins in Windhoek. From Windhoek we drove to Mushara Lodge outside of Etosha. We stayed there two nights. We then spent one night in a Farm House, Namatubis, very nice, located outside of a different gate and closer to our next destination, Damaraland, where we stayed at the Twyfelfontein Lodge. We stayed there two nights visiting Burnt Mountain, The Organ Pipe rock formations, and the Petrified Forest. Also saw rock paintings. Next stop was Swakopmund where we spent another two days at the Swakopmund Hotel. While there we drove to Walvis Bay. Next destination was the Namib Desert Lodge which was near Sossusvlei. After another two night stay we headed back to Windhoek. We expected to be in a tour group, but when we arrived in Windhoek we were the group as no one else had signed up for our dates. It was nice having our own driver/guide. We saw lots of animals in Etosha. It was fascinating to see the changes in the landscape as we drove from one location to another. We extended our trip with a safari in Sabi Sands, South Africa, in Lion Sands River Lodge, magnificent place. We didn't want to leave. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge. I'd be happy to return the favor if anyone needs information.
Back from Namibia
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 2 My trip to Egypt .....
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 5 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 8 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 9 Homestay Accomodation
- 10 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 11 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 14 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 15 Group Trip to Israel
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 18 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 19 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 20 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 21 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 22 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 23 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
- 24 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 25 Night drives in Manyara worth it????