We found a good itinerary on AfricanTravelInc.com. They are running a promotion--14 day tour through Namibia, $3,150/person. It's a land trip so some days had very long drives. Trip begins in Windhoek. From Windhoek we drove to Mushara Lodge outside of Etosha. We stayed there two nights. We then spent one night in a Farm House, Namatubis, very nice, located outside of a different gate and closer to our next destination, Damaraland, where we stayed at the Twyfelfontein Lodge. We stayed there two nights visiting Burnt Mountain, The Organ Pipe rock formations, and the Petrified Forest. Also saw rock paintings. Next stop was Swakopmund where we spent another two days at the Swakopmund Hotel. While there we drove to Walvis Bay. Next destination was the Namib Desert Lodge which was near Sossusvlei. After another two night stay we headed back to Windhoek. We expected to be in a tour group, but when we arrived in Windhoek we were the group as no one else had signed up for our dates. It was nice having our own driver/guide. We saw lots of animals in Etosha. It was fascinating to see the changes in the landscape as we drove from one location to another. We extended our trip with a safari in Sabi Sands, South Africa, in Lion Sands River Lodge, magnificent place. We didn't want to leave. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge. I'd be happy to return the favor if anyone needs information.
Back from Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco for 2 nights
- 2 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 3 MOROCCO SOLO
- 4 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 5 Looking for out of the way places
- 6 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 9 Tanzania Safari
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 trip report, morocco
- 15 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 16 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 17 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 18 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 19 East Africa summer 2014
- 20 Cape Town Safety?
- 21 first time family safari in August 2014
- 22 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 23 Memory cards for camera
- 24 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 25 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation