Fodor's Expert Review Phoebe Pember House
26 Society St., Charleston, South Carolina, 29401, USA
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
Named after a maverick resident who lived in this Charleston home in 1838, the property is split between a carriage house with two guest rooms and a coach house with three rooms. The decor is tastefully done and bathrooms are artistically tiled. The vibrant artwork is by Charleston artists. Enjoy an organic breakfast in the walled garden shaded by an arbor or have silver tray service in your room. This B&B is a unique concept for Charleston: it is holistic, combining history with innovation and stages events, lectures, and retreats with leading-edge writers, thinkers, and spiritual visionaries.
- the carriage house is like having your own home and private patio
- a quiet place with a spirituality about it (guests come here to re-center and restore)
- yoga classes take place in a next-door studio
- spring dates sell out far in advance
- wine-and-cheese reception only on Friday nights
Rate Includes: Breakfast