Fodor's Expert Review Shellmont Inn
821 Piedmont Ave. NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30308, USA
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
Designed in 1891 by architect Walter T. Downing, this distinctive lodging is named for its recurring shell motif; the mansion has antique, stained, leaded, and beveled glass, enhanced by artfully carved woodwork and charming stencils. Victorian-style antiques fill the guest rooms. Owners Debbie and Ed McCord offer cooking classes, sometimes with local chefs, in the newly renovated professional kitchen.
- homey touches like stenciling throughout the mansion
- verandas overlook gardens and fishpond
- modern, updated bathrooms
- modern conveniences such as flat-screen TVs
- not ideal for people with disabilities
Rate Includes: Free breakfast