Getting Oriented in Monterey Bay Area
- Carmel-by-the-Sea. Galleries and cobblestone streets are among its charms.
- Carmel Valley. An esteemed wine region marks this celebrity enclave.
- Pebble Beach. This world-class golf destination also has the stunning 17-Mile Drive.
- Pacific Grove. A picturesque city known for its migrating butterflies.
- Monterey. The state's first capital is rich in history and marine life.
- Salinas. The heart of Steinbeck country is also known for its fruits and veggies.
- Pinnacles National Park. A volcano with jagged spires and caves.
- Moss Landing. This tiny fishing port is near marine preserves.
- Aptos. A charming village that edges redwood forests and stellar beaches.
- Capitola and Soquel. Seaside gateways to mountain wine country.
- Santa Cruz. World-famous surf and a university are among its draws.