This sprawl of pebble beaches and zillion-dollar houses has always captivated sun lovers and socialites. Today's admirers know not to miss the Côte d'Azur's textbook points of interest: animated St-Tropez; the Belle Époque aura of Cannes; the towns made famous by Picasso—Antibes, Vallauris, Mougins; the urban charms of Nice; and a number of spots where the per-capita population of billionaires must be among the highest on the planet, including Cap d'Antibes and Villefranche-sur-Mer.
- Mingle with Picasso and company Because artists have long loved the Côte d'Azur, it's blessed with superb art museums, including the Fondation Maeght in St-Paul and the Musée Picasso in Antibes.
- Soak up the scene in St-Tropez Brave the world's most outlandish fishing port in high summer, but don't forget the sunglasses and sunblock.
- Experience “reel life” in CannesGet your film fix during the glitzy Cannes International Film Festival, or put yourself in the picture by taking a selfie on the Allée des Étoiles (Stars' Walk).
- Take in the views from Èze An island in the sky, Èze has some of the most breathtaking views this side of a NASA space capsule.
- Get a sense of the Old Riviera in Nice With its bonbon-color palaces, blue chair–lined promenade, and time-stained Old Town, this is one of France's most colorful cities.