- The ultimate waterfront path Opatija's Lungomare—more than 11 km (7 miles) long—is ideal for a leisurely stroll anywhere between Lovran and Volosko.
- Fun in the sun For a day of seaside family fun—windsurfing, swimming, and ice-cream stands galore—visit Krk’s Baška beach, on the southern end of the island.
- Beautiful remote beaches Take a taxi boat or join one of the many daily excursions to the remote beaches below the hilltop village of Lubenice on Cres Island. The famed Sv. Ivan beach is one of the prettiest in Croatia. Not far from it, at the beach Žanja, you can visit a sea cave.
- Towering views The view from the top of the Great Bell Tower, Rab Town's tallest and most beautiful (there are four), is of a perfectly preserved medieval square.
- Yacht gazing Watch yachts come in to the picturesque harbor of Lošinj and dock in front of stately 19th-century villas on both sides of the marina.
Not everyone has the courage to explore these macabre destinations. Do you?More