Fodor's Expert Review Nairobi Tented Camp
Nairobi National Park, Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
Insulated by a hidden glade—home to leopards, lions, and hyenas—Nairobi Tented Camp is in a secluded part of Nairobi National Park, providing an authentic bush experience within a few miles of the city center. Tents are luxuriously equipped with large en-suite bathrooms (with traditional canvas hot-water bucket-showers). The lounge tent is sumptuously furnished with all the comforts of home (and then some), but this is a carefully prepared eco-camp that could potentially be removed within 48-hours, leaving zero imprint on the natural habitat. Hot water bottles tame Nairobi's cool high altitude nights but the bush around is as wild as anywhere in Africa; you might have a giraffe or rhino wandering around the camp.
- in the bush in the city—best of both worlds!
- night drives aren't allowed in the park
- but if your plane lands after dark you'll be treated to a night drive en route to the camp
- night drives aren't allowed in the park, but if your plane lands after dark you'll be treated to a night drive en route to the camp
- the dining area feels rather formal for such an atmospheric bush camp
Rate Includes: Free breakfast