Perched on the edge of a riverine forest below the Oloololo Escarpment, Kichwa Tembo (head of the elephant in Kiswahili) lies directly in the path of the migration making it one of Kenya's most sought-after camps. The en suite tents are spacious and have seemingly never-ending views of the plains from the verandas. You'll be surrounded by the unforgettable sounds of the African night as you drift off to sleep. During the day you can take a dip in the pool between activities or just relax on your veranda while you fill out your bird and mammal lists. Don't forget to keep an eye out for passing animals: there'll be predators galore, as well as blue- and red-tailed monkeys, the mischievous banded mongoose, and a curious warthog may come up to your tent doorway. The candlelit dinner on the banks of the Sabaringo River is a must-do for anyone. The staff here is attentive and charming.
- there's an excellent curio shop
- there's an organic vegetable garden where they grow their own food
- infinity swimming pool
- some of the rooms are a bit far from the public areas
- hair dryers in luxury tents only
- a large camp, it may not be intimate enough for some
Rate Includes: All-Inclusive