Search

londontown.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
londontown.com

I'm planning a trip to London in December, and I've found a website called londontown.com. Has anybody tried the site for hotel reservations? They seem to have really great discount rates and terms ( 60%+ off list, book online, pay when you check out, etc.) It almost seems too good to be true. Thanks for any advice.
Linda
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 01:03 PM

Linda:

There is a ton of information on here about londontown.com. If you put "londontown" into the "text search" box at the top of the page, you will pull up many, many threads on the subject.

The general consensus around here seems to be that the site is a legitimate, well-run, and useful site for finding accomodations in London. I used them myself for my upcoming trip and found them to be helpful and reasonable. However, I later found a better deal elsewhere and ended up canceling my reservation through them.

Good luck and have a great trip!
Jennie
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 01:23 PM

Linda, I used londontown.com last year for our trip to London and got a great deal on the Rubens Hotel. I never found as good a deal anywhere else. What I liked is that they are only a booking agent; you don't pay anything upfront and you pay the hotel directly when you check out. I also liked that their cancellation policy was 48 hrs prior notice, but if you book thru them, be sure to check because it could be different depending on the hotel. We had no problem at all with londontown.com.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 02:30 PM

have any of you tried londonrooms.com...they seem to have better prices
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 03:20 PM

I have used Londontown.com 2 time for hotels and booked the Burns hotel in Earls Court for 75.00 pounds--its a Best Western the the normal rate is like 115.00 pounds in a nice cont breakfast--now the last time I checked the londontown.com rate for this hotel was 95.00 pounds I guess it depends on time of year. we went in winter. I would use the service again no problem.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 04:23 PM

I recently booked a hotel with Londontown.com. During the time that I was checking the rate started at 72 pounds then down to 64 then to 124 and now the hotel is full. The point being to check frequently.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 05:18 PM

I just got back from the UK and used londontown.com for our hotel as well as for a taxi back to Heathrow (we had a lot of luggage, too much for the tube). It was excellent - everything worked out perfectly. We stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt, and had an amazingly large room for 70 pounds per night, with terrific amenities. It's 1 block from the tube, 2 blocks from the V&A, and 12-15 min. walk to Harrods, very convenient. It's not like any US Radisson - much nicer. I could have booked London Eye tix there too (but a British relative got them instead). I'd definitely use them again!