Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where do go for Mickey/Minnie Character breakfast?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2006, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying at the Gaylord Palms and Omnio Resorts in orlando. We will be traveling with our 2 year old daughter and would like to take her to a character breakfast.

Do all the Disney Resorts offer this? We are looking for a costume character (not Cinderella).

Can anyone tell me where I can book this? And what the experience was for the child.

Thank you.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Chef Mickeys is at the Contemporary. It has the Mickey type characters. Disney's Polynesian resort has Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch.(We went to this one several years ago when it was Mickey and Minnie. The food was good). There are a number of character meals. There is the Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom for lunch and dinner with Mickey and Chip and Dale. The food was good like a Thanksgiving type food. Hope this helps.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 10:30 PM

I would suggest Chef Mickey for breakfast at the Contemporary Hotel, then you can catch the monorail to Magic Kingdom. But you should book your reservations ASAP.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
If you go to Barnes and Noble, they have a number of books on Disney with all of the updates on the restaurants. I would head over to their travel section and pick one up. Also, you can make your reservations up to 6 mos in advance. So, like the other poster said, make them asap or you won't be able to character dine.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:09 AM

Check the Disney website under dining for info about character breakfasts. We had a great breakfast with Goofy, Pluto and Donald at MGM Disney studios a few years ago. Or just call the phone number listed for dining reservations and the person can tell you what character breakfasts are available during your stay.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:26 AM

We took our 2 yr old niece to the Cape May Buffet character breakfast at the Beach Club Hotel. It's a breakfast buffet and the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip, Dale, et.) roam through the tables. I would recommend it b/c it's low maintenance-our niece freaked out at the sign of Goofy and he just wandered away. You never know how a 2 yr old is going to react.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:01 AM

Go to allearsnet.com right now and look at the descriptions of the character meals. Cinderella's castle is the most popular one (where you have to be on the phone at exactly the precise time to hope to get in.) But the rest book fast, too. If I were you, I'd do a dinner instead of breakfast. The least crowded time to visit the parks is when they first open, so I hate to waste that valuble time at breakfast.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:06 AM

Donald's Breakfastosauraus at Animal Kingdom features Donald, Goofy, Mickey, & Pluto.

Cape May Cafe's Beach Club Buffet has Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale. This one usually gets good reviews for the food.

Chef Mickey's is at the Contemporary Resort - Mickey, Chip, Dale, & Goofy.

The Polynesian resort has an "Ohana Character Breakfast" with Lilo & Stitch, Pluto & Mickey.

The phone number for making reservations is 407-WDW-DINE. Reservations can now be made 6 months in advance.

Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:18 AM
cbr

Just an F.Y.I. to all, I have visited Disney many times and often will go directly to the restaurant to make a reservation without a problem.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much everyone!
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:35 PM

just one more vote for the Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club resort - the food is great for a buffet, plus afterward you can go check out their really beautiful sand-bottomed lagoon-like pool
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 05:52 AM

Dinsey dining has gotten ridiculous. many restaurnats are booked months in advance and you can't get in without a resrvation. Definitely make a reservation as far in advance as you can. Character breakfasts are VERY popular. Definitely call ASAP!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:54 AM

I agree with Mosey10 - get a reservation. If you know when you are staying, what is the advantage of not securing a seating? The demand for character meals often far exceeds the availability, even at non-peak times.