Reload this Page >

ZION OR BRYCE CANYON

Search

ZION OR BRYCE CANYON

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 06:23 AM
Ginny

ZION OR BRYCE CANYON

If you only have time to visit one or the other, which would be the better choice?

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Gary

Ginny: That's a very tough call. I say flip a coin, heads it's Zion, tails it's Bryce. Both are breathtaking.

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 04:09 PM
rqf

I would choose Bryce. But, if you are starting out from Las Vegas you could drive through Zion on the way back to Lv from Bryce.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 06:59 AM
RB

My pick is Zion because there are so many opportunities right there- cooling walks down to the Narrows or the Emerald Pools, viewing the majestic rise of the mountains by hiking to Angels Landing or Observation Point, or observing them from the shuttle or the benches at the lodge. IMO, Zion has its shuttle service better organized so you can make maximum use of your time, whether you stay at the Lodge or in nearby Springdale. I love Bryce as well, but if you're pressed for time, do Zion alone and make a vow to come back for a longer stay at both.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 12:02 PM
virginia

If you time it right, you can stay at Zion and do a day trip to Bryce. It's about 2 hours each way. Bryce is more of a view like the Grand Canyon, where you stand at the rim and look out, while with Zion you are IN the canyon, surrounded by the red walls. You can't see the beautiful shapes of Bryce unless you are at the rim, while in Zion you are surrounded by the walls all the time, like a small, red Yosemite. Zion is warmer, the town of Springdale is a nice place to stay, and there's a river running thru the canyon which is VERY inviting if you go when it's hot. Bryce is cooler, piney forest. I like Zion better.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 08:06 PM
Eu

I'm in the same situation: I only have time for a day trip from Vegas.
I already know some great places like Grand Canyon, Yosemite, and Canadian Rocky Montains.
Which park (Zion or Bryce) do you think would cause greater impression? I would like to have a "different" experience.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Dayle

Eu - If you have to drive out & back in one day, then choose Zion just because it's closer by 1.5 hours one way. Zion is awesome and you will enjoy it whether you like short easy hikes or long strenous ones.