Zinzanni Zaniness and My First Upgrade! SF Mini-Trip Report

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from an action packed weekend in SF for my boyfriend's birthday. I live in Sacramento but I believe this is the first time I've ever stayed in a hotel in SF.

Took the BART in to the city on Saturday and checked into the hotel, Le Meridien in the Financial District. I chose this hotel based upon it's close proximity to Teatro Zinzanni on Pier 29, the whole point of the trip. I scored my first upgrade! I signed up for the Starwood point system because you can transfer points from hotel stays into UA miles. We were upgraded to the "Executive Suite", which was a normal room on the 19th floor with a gorgeous view of the bay.

After checking in we walked to the ferry building and got some gelato. We walked down the Embarcadero to Pier 29 to make sure where we were going for the show that night. On the way back to the hotel, we passed by the steps going up to Coit Tower. Going to the top is another thing I've never done in SF, so 420 stairs later (my boyfriend counted) we made it to the top but didn't bother going up into the tower.

Teatro Zinzanni was so much fun! We loved it and had a really good time. It's a dinner / show that combines cabaret, vaudeville, comedy, circus acts and singing. There's lots of audience participation. The food was good, not exceptional. I would highly recommend it for something completely different.

Sunday we checked out of the hotel and checked our bags. We walked through Chinatown and stopped at New Asia on Pacific St. for Dim Sum. This is my 3rd experience with Dim Sum and I'm hooked! We walked all the way to Fisherman's Wharf and rented bikes from Blazing Saddles. We rode across the Golden Gate Bridge (again, something I've never done in all my years of living so close by). I experienced the most intense wind I've ever felt on the bridge, I'm glad the wind was blowing into the bridge, not out, as there would have been a serious danger of getting swept over.

After returning the bikes, we ate dinner at Castagnola's in Fisherman's Wharf area. We chose it because my boyfriend really wanted Cioppino and this was one of the few places that wasn't selling it for $30. I had Lobster Bisque in a bread bowl and loved it. We hoofed it all the way back to the hotel to pick up our bags and made our way back home.

I feel like I just completed some sort of Traveler's Triathalon. 400 steps up to Coit Tower and down, at least 5 miles of walking total, and biking 12 miles.

I told my boyfriend I can't wait for his birthday next year so I can start planning another weekend adventure!
Old May 5th, 2008, 03:00 PM

Wow, cat, what a fun-filled weekend!

And to be on the bridge yesterday... it was so windy, and you were biking? you deserve a medal just for that!

How are you muscles after all those stairs? If the legs hurt, take a hot bath, it may help.

Did you go off the bridge all the way to Sausalito? If not, do it next time, take the ferry back (or the Golden Gate bus if it's too windy for a ferry).
Old May 5th, 2008, 03:17 PM

Isn't Teatro Zinzanni fun? I've been twice and enjoyed it both times. I was just thinking today that I should take my neice.
Old May 5th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Hi Faina!

On the BART going back to the car yesterday I told my boyfriend, "Man, I wish we had a hot tub, that would totally hit the spot!"

That wind on the bridge was crazy. No we didn't take the ferry back from Sausalito, we just rode back the way we came. It was getting late in the afternoon and I figured it would take too long to take the ferry.
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Kal

=D>=D>

Bravo m'miko!
How was LeMeridien? Or is that an unfair question because you were in an ES?

We keep threatening to go to TZ but...maybe now we will!
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM

Sounds like a fun trip into a great city! Thanks so much for sharing!

Also love your sign-in name! Very cute!