Your June 2004 Travel Plans...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2004, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seemed to work well last month on this board.

Please, share your travel plans for June with us.

Tell us a little or tell us a lot. One night away counts so do share.

This question is also on the Europe Board if you want to possibly enjoy some armchair adventures planned...

Someone will need to start this question for July and for August if you want. I am doing lots of travelling between now and then.

I will lurk if I can but my time at home is to switch pre-packed suitcases and to turn out the lights.

I will give reports, details and etc. later.

Enjoy your travel planning, travel research and travel posting.

My Best,
OT

p.s. The son is going to college straight off for those who were following that part of my real life. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 03:46 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
We're marking North American independence big time. Up to Vancouver BC (still in June) for Bard on the Beach (the Scottish Play) and then Canada Day, then back to Seattle for the 4th for things that go boom in the night. Not very exciting but we blew the budget last month.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:07 PM
bonniebroad

Will do a B&B night near Meadows-of-Dan, Va. around my birthday this month so we can go for lunch or dinner at the wonderful Chateau Morrisette! We went to Boston area in May......... so June is quieter.

Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:32 PM

Oops..still gotta write my St. John trip report from May!

This month is quiet. Next weekend Cousin's wedding & Belmar Seafood Festival down the shore in NJ! Yum!
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:47 PM

Retiring after 33 years teaching little elementary kids (1st grade) early June and will hit the road shortly after that! Kane Co. near Chicago, Louisville KY, and then off to Thailand for 2 weeks!
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 05:19 PM
Tess

DH and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary with a Caribbean cruise--along with our 15 and 12 year olds. Leaving June 10 so we're starting to get really excited. Maybe we'll sneak away to Vegas for a no-kids weekend later on in the year

Old Jun 1st, 2004, 06:21 PM

relocating in the middle of july- to florida. I keep getting told- you will really enjoy this come February. they best be right....
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 06:33 PM

jillc, we moved from NYC to Fl in Jan and you will be glad in Jan/Feb..we left 7 degree weather and had dinner outdoors in 70 degrees two days later.
have a good move~

We are busy with tentative plans now for later in the summer/fall..but this month, exploring Florida!
Mt Dora, Tampa, Winter Park,and also Savannah Ga.. here we come~
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 07:06 PM

Yes- I missed this past NE winter myself. I am in my late 30's and hoping this move won't isolate me- I hear mixed reviews about single professionals- some good, some saying re-negotiate my severance package and move back to Boston- any thoughts? are you enjoying your move?
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 07:17 PM

LA - June 7-9 (Ayers Long Beach Hotel)
PDX - June 11-13 (Embassy Suites Dntn)
London - June 17 - 24 (Savoy)
That's enough!
July is just as busy!
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 08:03 PM

So far we are enjoying the move
My husband can work anywhere and whenever he wants, so the location is not much of a problem, but being single and 30s, you might want to do a LOT of research before making the move.
Email me if you want~
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 08:25 PM

Crossing the states to Portland to drop off the kids at Grandma's... then we're off to Tahiti for a once-in-a-lifetime cruise! (17 days and counting!)
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:43 AM

Once school is out we will head over to Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast for a weekend.

Then we will also head back up to the Seattle area for a few days. The kids want to see their old friends and go to their old schools for the last day of school there.

Will also try to get some backpacking in this month.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:23 AM

Only plans thus far are going to Nashua, NH next weekend to meet my BF's parents during an unveiling of his aunt's tombstone. (He didn't want me to meet his parents under these circumstances, but they asked him to bring me) We're staying at the Radisson in Merrimack which looks nice.

This weekend I was hoping to head to Boston or back to DC for my birthday, but a baptism this Sunday put a dent in my plans.

Last weekend of June, just playing it up, including a Yankees-Mets game, and a trip to Six Flags Great Adventure, and one day of acting like tourists around NYC. (Does that count?)
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:06 AM

Whatzit to ya?

More specifically, I don't really care a flying fish about what anyone PLANS to do, although glad to help with suggestions if they ask.

I'm more interested in reading about their experiences after the trip. A downside of chatty threads like this is when someone does a search later on, for example "Chicago" they end up getting pages of threads like this that are of little use in planning their trip.

Yes, I'm a grouch. Why not ask "Where did you travel to last month?", which might result in some postings that folks were reluctant to post before? (You're not looking to case my house, are you? <g>)
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:11 AM

June 20-27 Portland OR and surrounding area. Can't wait!!!! My suitcase is in the middle of the bedroom already!!!!

And I like this "monthly planner"!
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:18 AM
Blacktie

Nashville, late June, to host a dinner for a group - but I could use some advice about restaurants: so far, these look good - any feedback? Boundary - Sunset Grill and Zola. Many thanks

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:46 PM

Leaving for Oahu on Friday morning. My daughter and her family went today. I have copied copious notes from the Forum and will post a trip report when I get back. I have started little stacks of stuff on the guest bed, got the suitcases down, and pressed some clothes. Tomorrow is for packing.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:54 PM

We're leaving Friday for a 15 day trip flying from Columbus, OH to San Diego, driving to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Flagstaff, Southern Utah, Ouray, and Santa Fe and flying back to Columbus.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:27 PM

http://www.chaisislandbistro.com/ is the site for the off HHV sight Olomana concerts. Robert Cazimero is someone that also plays here and would be a pleasure to listen to at dinner.

Actually, I am looking at the list of entertainers. I took someone to see Napalapali here in NYC, they had no reference for Hawaiian music at all and they loved them. They are high pitched falsetto singers and Hoku (Hawaii's highest music award) award winners. I discovered them when they joined in a Olomana concert at the Hilton.

Jake Shimabukuro has also played here in NYC, you heard me mention I had a Hapa CD (have seen them also in NYC), so from the looks of things you can't go wrong at Chai's bistro.

Again I am not back this summer. SIGH!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -