Reload this Page >

Your favorite town for RCI exchange: adult /walking friendly

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 01:41 PM
roco

I seem to be hoarding RCI weeks because I live in Gorgeous San Diego and it's hard to think of leaving. Have an exchange in August to Santa Fe that I put in for 3 years ago and it just came through! If they could clone Santa Fe in other parts of the country----that's what type of town I have in mind.

Large enough, but walkable to everything that I might want (adult couple only).

Can anyone suggest an RCI exchange resort which has, within walking distance from the resort, a town that has art, SHOPPING, jazz bars, and hopefully wineries. Being a native San Diegan, I'm not well-traveled and would welcome any suggestions that you might have. When I asked an RCI counselor, it turned out she was calling from Ireland!!!

Please help!!!!

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 03:29 PM
t/sowner

Roco, you might be interested in a BBS by and for timeshare owners at
www.tug2.net
I'll email you with more information.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:33 AM
RCIexchanger

You may want to consider New Orleans, specifically staying at The Quarter House. Nice units and well situated.

I'm currently waiting for a unit in The Galleon Resort in Key West.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:48 AM
susan

I love the Galleon, but I definitely wouldn't stay there in August...it's way too hot and humid! I'm not sure what kind of shopping you have in mind, but Key West primarily has arts and crafts. I stayed at the Quarter House in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago and would offer one caveat: our rooms were dark! We had a really huge condo with two bedrooms and three full baths, but neither bedroom had a window in it and two of the three bathrooms didn't. Our living room overlooked the back of a Holiday Inn. It really got oppressive after a while, so if you want to stay there I'd be careful what location you get. And again, it was HOT!! We'd never go to New Orleans in August unless it's for business.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Kris

Roco, I second the TUG bulletin boards for your question.

Must everything be walking distance? That's a pretty tall order. Even if you don't want to drive, many locations will offer day trips/tours. If you're only looking for places where you can walk to wineries you'll have a tough time!

There are several cities that have RCI resorts where you could walk to most things (but not the wineries): Manhattan Club in NYC, several in San Francisco, at least two in Vancouver. Fairfield Alexandria outside Washington DC. If you're into other kinds of music too, Nashville has one. Other RCI resorts with lots of things to do without a car include many ski resorts (in winter and summer). Whistler is a great one for the west coast. Also many cities in Europe.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Kris

Oops, hit post too soon. Newport, Rhode Island might also be a good choice.