Search

Yountville lodgings

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 09:09 PM
deb

Yountville lodgings

We'll be going to Wine Country in June and would like to spend 1 night in Yountville before heading up to Healdsburg. I'm looking at the Bordeaux House and the Oleander. Any other suggestions under $200? I would prefer a larger "Inn" (especially after reading the discussion about B&B's on here!)

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 03:56 AM
mel

We had a lovely time at the Wine Country Inn in Yountville a few years ago - havent' stayed there recently. what's nice is the central location, fireplaces, robes and the room was lovely. Don't miss eating at "The Diner" down the road (the best breakfast anywhere, practically!

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 06:11 AM
kal

deb, We stayed 3 nights this past T'giving weekend at the Bordeuax House and had a good time. Part wedding anniv/get away from family T'giving trip.

Nice, large rooms w/ big bathroom.
The host, Jean, is a very nice, helpful person.

Breakfast in the a.m.(like we got up that early ;^D) and wine, port, cognac, brandy in the p.m. in the office area.
The only downside we had was a flighty remote control on the TV!

The best part of the place is the location. Walking distance to
Fr. Laundry, Bouchon's, Bistro Jeanty, Compadres, Napa Grille, Piatti's, Pacific Blues Cafe.

Bad news for Mel. The Diner closed it's doors last Augsut. Rumor has it that the people who Mustard's may open it up again.

Pac Blues Cafe has a good b'fast and if it's in June, you may be able to sit outside on the patio.
Mahalo,
Kal

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 07:26 AM
nancy

not sure why you've got your heart set on Yountville. it's a cute little town, but personally i'd stay in calistoga. I'd stay at la chaumiere b& b there..we got married there it is WONDERFUL in every aspect, including the breakfasts Gary, the innkeeper, makes. but, also try www.napavalley.com, and www.bedandbreakfasts.com

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 11:30 AM
Diana

I don't know if it's under $200 (my company paid) but the Yountville Inn is wonderful. Most of the rooms are pretty large and have fireplaces, they have an EXCELLENT included breakfast and a heavy snack in the afternoon. And they're well located next to a shopping area (walking distance).

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 11:47 AM
kam

I'm so upset that the Diner closed! It was part of Saturday mornings always in Napa. Now we only have the Red Hen for huevos. So sad.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 03:11 PM
deb

Thanks everybody for the helpful feedback. After much debate, we decided that a B&B just wasn't for us and we booked a really nice room at the Yountville Inn (an Inn with 51 rooms). A reminder to all... don't forget to mention AAA or AARP when booking, even at a small place... we saved 10%.

I'll be sure to report back after the trip!

Deb