YOUNG GUYS IN MIAMI

Jun 14th, 1999, 07:36 AM
john

YOUNG GUYS IN MIAMI

hi all
a couple of buddies and I are going to miami and we're looking for cool night life in the south beach area as well as Ft Lauderdale. We are in 21-23 age group so if you have any ideas on trendy dance clubs or chill bars that the late/post college age crowd can hang at please let me know.

Jun 18th, 1999, 12:24 PM
Pico

HEY you all are big dorks. Good luck finding friends down there, losers!

Jun 18th, 1999, 01:41 PM
fred

From his demeanor, sounds like ole Pico knows something about being a loser. Sometimes I have to laugh at the type of idiots who get kicks out of doing stupid and mean things. Way to go ole Pico - dimwit.

Jun 18th, 1999, 01:57 PM
Diane

Not sure this is a chill place, as a matter of fact I'm positive it isn't, but you HAVE to visit Mango's in South Beach for a drink and to watch the girls dance on the bar. VERY VERY not Kansas anymore. It is loud, it is latin, and it is fun. (But don't eat there, the food is much better elsewhere.)

Jun 22nd, 1999, 06:50 AM
john

hi diane thanks for the advice.
i also heard that liquid was cool as well as groove jet. any ideas? looking forward to "going to miami".

Jun 22nd, 1999, 08:04 AM
Brandi

Hi just heard from a friend of mine who just went down to south beach for a girls weekend. There is lots of bars and dance clubs. But I wanted to let you know that everything gets started around 11:00 P.M. at night. Plus, alot of bars pick people to attend their clubs, then if you get picked you still pay an entry fee usually around 20.00 bucks. So, I would suggest you guys get some good haircuts and threads. Liquid is one of many clubs owned by casavettes (Im sure I spelled her name wrong), she is that madonna friend who once lived in new york. All her bars have different themes. I would look up in search engine for miami nightlife and go from there. Well enjoy your trip.

Jun 22nd, 1999, 08:53 AM
john

thanks everyone for your posts.
Looking forward to miami but i dont want to turn into the Roxbury guys.