Reload this Page >

You think that MCI call is bad?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Jesse

My AT&T platinum credit/calling card charged me 3.96 for a 1 second call from Arizona to Burbank IL. I called that number and the person was not home. I tried thier cell phone no answer either but AT&T charged me another 3.96 for it also. What kind of crap is that?
And this has to do with the Caribbean how? Well I been to St John, spent a week there and enjoyed it. So if you have any q's let me know. Happy Easter.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Jesse

Ooops how did this get in this forum? Well I think I will stop with the rum and cokes now. I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 08:45 PM
Bob Brown

I quit using ATT just for reasons like that. I made the very expensive mistake of using an AT&T number from Europe once. Never again, ever.
I do not use AT&t for any type of phone service.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Owen O'Neill

Horror stories like this are why I've switched to using prepaid cards. Buy my AT&T cards at Sam's Club and currently paying 3.4 cents per minute - tough to beat. There's a 6 unit surcharge when calling from payphones but it still beats any Telco's regular calling card by a long shot.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 09:42 AM
Barbara

Those AT&T prepaid phone cards aren't great either. I bought cards for my trip to Italy, one worked, one didn't. When I returned to the States, I tried it again & it still didn't work. Called AT&T customer service & they told me to return it at the store where it was purchased. I didn't have the receipt anymore but luckily, the Sav-On manager refunded me the money because I wasn't the first person trying to return a defective calling card.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:38 AM
Owen O'Neill

Hmmm... maybe a quality control problem or some other issue with certain cards? I've been using them for the past 2 - 3 years and also giving them to my college aged daughter. Have gone through a dozen or so and never had a problem but I always bought mine at Sam's Club (and when I use it the automated menu system always identifies it as a Sam's Club AT&T card).

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:05 PM
George

We've been using the AT&T 100-minute calling cards for about a year now. Buy 'em off eBay, generally 5 at a time, for a price that works out to about $4/card delivered.

My wife calls England with them, though I can't remember the rate.

What we really like is a $15/month phone bill.