Yosemite Lodgings

May 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Original Poster
Yosemite Lodgings

Just decided to visit Yosemite during late July. Of course there is little to find inside the park aside from Curry Village in a tent. Groveland CA seems to have a few B&Bs that look good but how far is that from the park? I can also get an expensive room at Tenaya lodge. Is it worth top dollar? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
May 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I have stayed at Yosemite View Lodge- I thought it was fine- has a pool and a restaurant. Short drive into the park or you can take a bus into the valley floor. Our room had a small kitchen too
May 29th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I stayed at Tenaya lodge in one of their cottages last summer and really enjoyed it. The drive to the valley did not bother us and we liked being close to Oakhurst and Mariposa Grove. We felt it was like camping but not really camping which I don't do. It was expensive and I would have loved if it were cheaper but don't regret it at all.
May 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Whatever you do - don't stay in Groveland. It is a 90 minute drive each way to/from the Valley. And it could take longer in summer traffic.

I like Curry Village - but Tenaya Lodge is fine if it fits the budget.
May 29th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Beware of imitations.

This is the offical website to get lodging in the park.

There's a good chance that it's all booked up, but there are tons of cancellations as you can book a year ahead.

The website is crappy, but, if you try hard enough, you can get what you want.

Search this Thread