Search

YMT 4 Island Tour

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 01:30 PM
Peggy

YMT 4 Island Tour

We are considering a Sept. 4 island tour with YMT. Has anyone done this?? We need guidance.

Thanks

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 03:20 AM
VagueAlert!

Which islands? Is YMT a tour company?

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 04:56 AM
Peggy

Yes, YMT is a tour company. It would be a 4 island tour....not sure which ones as yet. I especially wondered about the company itself.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 10:28 AM
stillconfused

If you don't yet know which islands can you tell us the region the tour would take place? Does YMT stand for something?

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 11:22 AM
Sam

Are you talking Hawaii, Peggy? Please note that regardless of which state you post under each posting also is listed under the general "United States" forum!

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 12:50 PM
marie

I believe YMT stands for Your Man Tours, and they advertise heavily in the Sunday papers, as well as some magazines. I checked them out a couple of years ago and found the following: they are reputable - they are quite a bit less expensive than other tours, but stay at lesser quality hotels. I didn't use them when I checked them out because it was a Canadian Rockies trip and I wanted to stay at the Chateau Lake Louise and Banff Springs Hotels. But if that were not a consideration, I wouldn't hesitate - they do have a good reputation. Happy trails. Marie

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Marie

Peggy, I would be very interested to know if you do the YMT trip to Hawaii. Would like a report on your findings. Thanks. Marie

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Peggy

Sorry to be so vague about the Hawaii trip with YMT Tours. It is just in the thinking stage. The tour really sounded to good to be true...price wise...only $1500 per person, including air and includes 4 islands. So, you can see why I wondered about the tour company's reputation. I will post more...as I know more.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Kathy

Peggy, we went with YMT in January. They are a budget tour company. They stay in budget properties. Nothing fancy but adequate and clean. How long do you stay in your room anyway? We went to the 4 bigger islands. It was a very busy vacation and we saw alot. If you want some specific info e-mail me. I will be glad to answer any questions. Kathy