Search

X-Country stops

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 1999, 05:02 PM
Dan

X-Country stops

Driving from Los Angeles to New York this month with a couple of friends (all college age). Looking for interesting places to stop along the way, with good nightlife. We have plenty of time, so driving a couple of hundred miles out of the way is fine. I appreciate any recommendations.

Old Jan 5th, 1999, 09:10 AM
Paul Rabe

Considering the weather during this time of the year , you may want to take the southern route from LA to NY; i.e. LA > Tuscon > El Paso > San Antonio > Houston > New Orleans > Birmingham > Atlanta > Charleston > Richmond > Philadelphia > NY. The cities of San Antonio and New Orleans are justifiable famous for their nightlife; many of the others are large enough to provide a wide variety of entertainment places.

Old Jan 5th, 1999, 03:46 PM
ellie

I would agree with a southern route but if you are into the snow/ski scene, Denver would be a good choice. In downtown Denver, the 16th Street Mall and surrounding area has quite a bit of to offer. Plus all the nearby ski areas, Vail, Aspen, Beckenridge, etc.

In my experience, Dallas has much more variety in nightlife than San Antonio, as would any city that size. Lots of Texas-size nightclubs offering most any type of music. San Antonio can be big fun, head to the Riverwalk downtown where you’ll find hotels, restaurants and bars. Austin has a strip of nightclubs on 6th Street.

New Orleans is definitely a party town! I wouldn’t miss it if you’ve never been there before. Stay in the French Quarter and step outside your hotel into the nightlife. Have fun!

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 03:43 AM
ellie

I total forgot Las Vegas! Talk about nightlife. It doesn't get much better.

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 09:51 AM
LVLarry

If you are 21 or over than Las Vegas is an absolute must. No other place like it.