Reload this Page >

WYNDHAM HOTEL, M STREET, WASHINGTON,DC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 10:46 AM
BARBARA

I JUST MADE RESERVATIONS AT THE WYNDHAM HOTEL ON M STREET IN DC (FOR $99!!) FOR THE FEW DAYS PRIOR TO EASTER AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ANYONE'S OPINION ON THE HOTEL, LOCATION, RESTAURANTS, ETC. I WILL BE THERE W/ HUSBAND, 3 KIDS (8-10YRS) AND MY PARENTS. THANKS!!

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 11:57 AM
red

Isn't that the hotel where Marion Barry was busted for smokin' crack?
If it's good enough for the mayor, then it's gotta be good for the tourists.

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 04:00 PM
Joe

Hotel looks ok from the outside. Several other hotels in the neighborhood, but not many restaurants.
Not too far from Dupont Circle area, and not too far from the Mall and museums. I wouldn't wander north on 14th St, otherwise ok area for DC.

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 04:50 PM
Sam

It's a fantastic deal for that hotel. I'm staying at the Wyndham City Center, another DC hotel, in early April only because the Wyndham on M was sold out. I like Wyndham overall and find good service at most of their properties.

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 04:31 AM
ilisa

The Wyndham is just up the block from my office. I can tell you that you are in a perfectly safe area. You are in easy walking distance to the White House and the metro. The area can be kind of quiet since it is a business area, but you are not far from Dupont Circle and all its restaurants. A short walk up Connecticut Avenue will take you to many choices for dining. My office held its Christmas party there, and my husband is using it next week to host many soccer teams for an international tournament that he is organizing. The hotel is very accomodating and the staff friendly. I am sure you will enjoy it. Ignore Red and his ignorant comments. Yes, Marion Barry was caught smoking crack there when it was the Vista hotel, but that is neither here nor there. And Marion Barry is no longer mayor.