Reload this Page >

Wrigley Field Parking Lot

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 10:35 AM
Gloria

Has anyone ever used the parking lot on Irving Park Road for parking while at a Cubs game at Wrigley Field? If so, how far away is this lot from the stadium? How about the area? Thanks!

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 10:51 AM
Kam

Gloria, Far better plan would be to take the El to Wrigley Field. It and the new PacBell in SF are the most public transportation friendly parks around. Don't bother with your car.

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 11:52 AM
Ellen Griswold

Excellent advice, Kam! (As usual!) The first time we caught a Cubs game, we found street parking almost a mile away! While it worked out, taking the El is the way to go.

BTW, we LOVED your new PacBell! Much nicer than Candlestick - but not much warmer....LOL!

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 12:12 PM
kam

Ellen, I agree! We were just at PacBell a couple weeks ago with all the blue skinned tourists in cutoffs and goosebumps! I think it's not quite as windy as Candlestick but certain just as chilly.

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 12:40 PM
baseball

If you go to see a White Sox game you can park quite easily. In fact you can also see the best baseball that's been around here for years. Fans are diverse, friendly and are super considerate to families with kids too.

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 09:30 AM
Amy

I live near Wrigley and trust me, public transportation all the way. Parking is pretty far, traffic is a nightmare, and the El drops you off 2 blocks away.

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 10:28 AM
marilyn

I know this is heresy, but when I go to Wrigley I like to make a day of it, maybe having lunch efore the game or dinner after, and I like to have my car. If you combine with a meal, you are driving at off-peak, so traffic is not too bad. My favorite lot is on Southport, west and a bit north of Wrigley at a public school. This lot also does valet parking for the restaurants on Southport, is large, fenced, etc. It is $10 to park, easy in and out, and you can select your restaurant as you walk over to the field. Neighborhood is very interesting to walk in.
Yes, the baseball is better at White Sox Park, though you have to do your eating in the park. The Park is roomier, cleaner, though not as picturesque, and the food etc. is MUCH better. Stadium surrounded by parking lots, though the best one if you are coming from the north on the Ryan and getting off at 35th Street, is the church lot sort of just behind the stadium. The same $10 to park, and when you exit it is very easy to get on the Ryan, plus the lot is one of the closest to the park.