Reload this Page >

World Series at Turner Field

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2000, 06:38 AM
Cindy

My husband and I will be in Atlanta during the baseball world series. Are upper seats worth $100? We really would like to go to the game, but don't want to spend the whole time using binoculars. Any hints on decent, down to earth restaurants in the area?

Old May 21st, 2000, 07:32 AM
Lily

Hi Cindy.

My father always says that if you really like something it's worth any price. I have been to Turner field only once and we had a lower level seat, it was fine. I guess it depends what you want and how bad. I don't know alot about this sort of thing but I can tell you that I would have thought tickets for the World
Series more expensive than $100. Turner Field is a very nice place and I'm sure you will enjoy the atmostphere.

As for places to eat in Atlanta: There's always the Hard Rock Cafe downtown. We have never been impressed with Planet Hollywood. At the Underground there's a place called Mick's and a Hooter's. Out in Buckhead the Buckhead Diner is very good but a little more $$$

Old May 21st, 2000, 10:33 AM
B Sammons

I went to a Series game last year (with a free ticket)and had an upper-deck seat. It was fun being there even though the Braves lost but I wouldn't pay $100 for it.

Old May 21st, 2000, 12:14 PM
Bart

Awfully presumptuous aren't we?!?!?
ASSUMING the Braves will be in the series is optimistic (what the heck do I know about it, I'm a lifelong Cub fan).
Having been to World Series, Super Bowl and Olympics, my advice is to pay whatever it takes IF you (or your companion) will really treasure the experience. What's $100 compared to a night at a mediocre hotel in NYC?
True, the closer you can get to the action, the better the experience, but don't cancel out just because you can't get 'the best' seats. It's the overall atmosphere/experience that makes it memorable. And no, the deck seats at Turner (where I watched the '96 Olympics) aren't THAT bad. Buy the tix, relax and enjoy.

Old May 21st, 2000, 01:54 PM
John

Do you mean the All-Star game? The World Series rotates between the two cities whose teams are playing, and we won't know that until the fall!

I wouldn't pay $100 for upper seats to the All Star game, but I know many who would...

Old May 21st, 2000, 04:55 PM
Al Godon

If you have World Series tickets for October of 2000, then you either have forgeries, or last year's tickets!!
(I hope they don't say Braves and Yankees!!)

The tickets for the 2000 World Series have not yet been printed and will not be until much later on in the season.

The Arizona Diamondbacks and Cincinnati Reds may well have something very loud to say about which National League team does the playing in this year's series.

As for seats in Turner Field, it depends on how you look at it. I sat in seats last year for the World Series that cost $150 per piece of cardboard. Fortunately I did not have to pay for them. For that price I expected the Taj Mahal, but all I got were seats somewhere down the right field line high above the field, but still in the lower deck.

By the time you pay for parking, hotel, concessions, and the tickets, I hope that mint you use for email shoots a few rools of Sacajewa coins your way.