**women cosmetic help**

Search

**women cosmetic help**

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**women cosmetic help**

Here is some advice for us traveling women and cosmetics.

1. When entering a hotel take a moment to scour the area with your eyeballs and find out just what space is available to you be vigilant about noticing outlets.

2. Place products for use in shower in said shower. Place said blow dryer by outlet along with companion brushes and hair products. Place makeup kit where you have determined appropriate light situation.

3. When you enter the shower place products on outside of shower for later use along with appropriate towels.

HAPPY MAKE UPPING!!
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:13 PM

muffin, exactly how do you mean that we should "scour the area with our eyeballs"? and what kind of outlets? Discount outlets?
It is sweet of you to think of putting this down for other ladies but it seems that most of these tips are pretty much common sense.
One would put ones shower products IN the shower etc...but if you have some cosmetic shopping advice that would be great! I am always interested in buying more makeup and perfume when I travel, I like to find things not sold in the US...
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:10 PM

Muffin -- you must be a professional organizer.

Of course we would put shower items in or near the shower. As for putting everything out when I arrive, I like to keep everything in one tidy area and try to put most of it away so the people cleaning the rooms will be able to leave me a clean vanity area. Besides, if I keep putting things back in my fabulous, organized tote, it makes it easier to pack at the end of the trip. Just dry the items from the shower area, throw them in, zip it up, and pack it in my suitcase!

Happy traveling!
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:23 PM

For anyone as puzzled by this post as I was, I suggest you click on muffin's name and read through a number of her posts, including the "robe" one. It will explain a lot.
Muffin, you must really enjoy life. Good for you. Have you petted your lizard yet?
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:24 PM

Scarlett, personally I love www.sageskincare.com products all the time, and especially when I travel. I cannot use hotel soaps and shampoos without risk of breakingout, so I always have my Sage face shampoo and body shampoo for my neck and hair. Only amount needed for each use is the size of a pea. Because it is concentrated, it takes up very little room in my cosmetic bag. I bring the hotel items home and check out the ingrediencebefor trying. Also, I have just discovered Fallene Total Block Tinted 60SPF sunblock, and love it so much, it is now my daily foundation, so again, I only need one small bottle. I am very fair and it is just right for me, but comes with one light and one dark additive to custom tint. I'm playing with those for shadow and sculpting.
I love the microbial, alcohol and nail polish removers in the little packets for space savers and not being without. I have started taking Clorox Wipes to clean the doorknobs, handles, phones, remote controls, etc. Plastic wrap and extra ziplock bags for a million uses if needed.I also take a scented candle with me to feel at home. I LOVE to travel and find my cosmetic luxuries make me even happier!
I'd love to learn more tips from you!
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:33 PM

Heartburn, I agree, lately I have been putting everything away after use and like that much better. I'm ready to leave on a moments notice and don't experence that dread/depression, "I have to pack and leave" anymore. I made my own organizer and another plus is I can't forget anything if each compartment is filled. Also, I don't care to have my personal items touched by housekeeping so I put them back in my suitecase. I bet that housekeeping appreciates it too!
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:49 PM

Bodi, my sentiments exactly. I don't want anyone touching all my things. I don't go as far as putting them in my luggage, but put them out of the way so the housekeeping staff can do their job and not worry about cleaning around my stuff.
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I do the same, I have my L'Occitaine bag I bought one year with the travel size goodies andit now goes with me with my selections.
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:57 PM

I have no business even reading this post, especially considering the message title.

Shouldn't the hairdryer go inside the shower -- I know women like to conserve on the amount of time it takes to get ready.
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:01 PM

Years ago, I got this bag with compartments that hangs on the back of a door, that holds all my lotions and cleansers, etc. One Christmas my husband gave me a very nice travel cosmetics bag that I carry makeup and perfume in. Those are always zipped and closed when I am not using them.
I agree that if you keep your things tucked away , that is one less packing ordeal to go through .. sigh. I don't mind the packing to go away but hate the packing to go home~
I will look into the sage products bodi, thanks!
I love getting Roc and Clarins in Paris, the prices are so much better. I experiment with soaps and scented lotions mostly, since makeups can cause allergic reactions.
I also enjoy experimenting with shampoos, having found Darphin products one year..

Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:19 PM

I agree this post is nuts, so here's my input to chomp on :0

I also have one of those organizers that hangs on the door, and it is one that folds into three and it has compartments with elastic bands for slipping small bottles of items in it, as well as clear see-through pockets with zippers where I store all of my cosmetics, and a section where one of the pockets is a fold over flap with pockets for even more items. It zips up and has velcro to secure the carrying handles. I don't take anything out of it once I arrive, which is even better and more time-saving, because it is hung on the door and when I get into the shower or am applying make-up, everything is in the bag in plain view and it's easy enough to grab. Then, as others said, the maid doesn't have to move or touch anything when cleaning. This organizer can fill up to the size of literally a small carry-on bag, but even I, the mega-packer, never fill it up more than half way. And to think this little gem only cost me $7.99 at Big Lots--the best small amount of money I've ever spent!
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:27 PM

Patrick, I should have heeded your advice and read some of those other responses you mentioned above before I answered here....

In one post, muffin states she (or he?) wants to go somewhere with robes because money isn't an object, then in another she (or he?) states, "It was also great in the morning before leaving for the park to fill my pack packs with "free" water and sodas." Day spas in Newport, petting lizards in Aruba, giving posters a smooch.....this muffin has to be of the fruit variety.

Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:31 PM

LOL, I have also not read the other posts, but now I will. I need something light after being reprimanded for talking about my pup on Fodors

Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:33 PM

OK, so now the question I have is...did muffin pet some really nice lizzards?
and where exactly do you get to wander down to breakfast in your pjs?
This is more fun than cosmetics!
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:50 PM

LOL..Sorry, but after taking Patricks advice and reading some of her other posts, the imagine of Jack Black in Shallow Hal popped in my head. The scene in which he looks at Gweneth and says.."COO COO"...
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:53 PM

Personally, I too appreciate stepping out of a nice bath into a robe, especially the terry inside/silky outside, but would never take up suitcase space for one, so I think it is a very nice hotel ammenity.
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 10:42 AM

Thank you, muffin, for posting these invaluable tips. Please allow me to offer a few more, in the same vein.

1. When entering your hotel room, look around very carefully until you find a small separate space with a bar across it. This is the closet. You will find it keeps your clothes wrinkle-free if you hang them in this area.

2. If traveling with an alarm clock or a book to read at night, place them on the nightstand so they will be handy.

3. Be sure to turn down the bedspread and blankets and turn out the light before you get into bed. You will get a much better night's sleep that way.

HAPPY TRAVELING!
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:08 PM

Well, you guys aren't the only ones with good ideas. I've done some travelling myself, and here are some handy tips I've learned:
When entering a hotel room, note the location of the door. You will find this useful when you are ready to leave the room again.
The large, rectangular object usually placed centrally in the room is the bed. This makes a great place to lie down, especially during the night if you want to sleep. Sometimes there is more than one of these, in which case decisions will have to be made about which one to choose.
Under no circumstances should you scour any area in the hotel, or anywhere else for that matter, with your eyeballs.
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:37 PM

Funny, funny, funny
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
above all, have a key to the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -