Wine Country and SF summary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'll post a trip report at a later date, but I'm posting this quick recommendation list for anyone heading to either Mendocino, NapaValley or San Francisco in the near future. My husband and I just got back last week from a great CA vacation and wanted to mention The Packard House in Mendocino www.packardhouse.com GREAT lodging for anyone who likes more "modern" design as opposed to more flowery/Victorian decor....older historic home beautifully re-done. Also, I hadn't read too much about this place in Napa, but it was a VERY happy surprise. La Residence in Napa (actually, it's at the northern end of the city of Napa, closer to Yountville). www.laresidence.com Very comfortable and beautiful grounds. I think we had a "lower" end room pricewise, but it was very comfortable, relaxing and lovely. Everyone we spoke to at breakfast and the cocktail hour loved the place and many were return visitors. Fountains,trees and vineyards sprinkled throughout the grounds....a feast for all of the senses. Our rooms at both places were about $225 a night. I won't be able to post over the wkend if anyone has questions, but will hopefully get a full report written soon. One more thing: The Slanted Door restaurant in SF was the perfect place for us....high energy, fun, great food and cocktails...had the ginger limeaid cocktail as recommended by others on this board and LOVED it. (yes, I had food too) Tried for 2 wks to get a Fri. nite res....couldn't, so just took our chances and waited (for all of TWO minutes) at the bar and sat right down to an awesome feast. Thank you all for your help in my planning! It was a great vacation thanks to all of YOU!! Colette
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Kal

><
Thanks!!!

The Le Residence looks like a great location for a BIG wedding we just got invited to in Napa in Mar '09.

Waiting for your full TR...but..
Pleeeeze use a few more paragraphs for these tired ol' eyes. [-o< :-B
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 09:03 PM
Original Poster

Kal...people say I write like I talk... I'll try to do better next time. I think La Residence will be a BEAUTIFUL setting for a wedding......I thought the place was even prettier than the website photos.
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 09:51 PM

Collette. If you write the same as you talk, you must not take any breaths. <grin>

Somebody mentioned to me once that my long paragraphs were really hard to read and they stopped halfway through, like, why didn't I use shorter paragraphs instead of one great big one.

I took the advice.
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

Kal and jtrandolph......advice taken....Thanks!!