Reload this Page >

Windsor Hotel in Philly

Search

Windsor Hotel in Philly

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 09:31 PM
coco

Windsor Hotel in Philly

Does anyone know anything about the Windsor Hotel a few blocks from Logan Circle? I found their website and it looks perfect but the hotel is not listed at fodors or in any other travel guides I've looked at. Any comments? Is it a good area to stay with kids? Easy access to local attractions? I'm looking for a place to stay June 5-9 with hubby and 2 kids ages 4 and 7. Would like a pool and a suite or connecting rooms. Thank you.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 05:41 AM
elaine

coco,
I am a Phila. native and live right outside the city. Do not stay at Windsor Hotel - it is pretty seedy.
One suggestion is to check Sheraton Society Hill hotel (check website first for rates; phone hotel directly as they often have better rates) - Sheraton/Society Hill is known for good weekend rates and location is ideal for sight seeing. There's also a Lowe's hotel (opened about a year) near convention center. They sometimes offer great weekend summer rates. Phila. is an easy city to navigate. If staying w/children, I recommend staying in the Society Hill area (or Olde City)...close to Independence Park, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, etc. If you post a hotel budget, locals may be better able to assit.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:04 AM
Frank

The Marriott at the Convention Center is a reliable choice. A notch down is the Marriott Courtyard right next door. The location of both are central to most tourist attractions, both historic and center city. Directly accross from Reading Terminal, which is a must see.

The Sofitel, which is relatively new, has a great center city location and often has very good rates. If you are looking for rates below $100, check out the Latham, great center city location and a deal, but don't expect deluxe accomodations.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:13 AM
coco

Thanks for the prompt feedback. Much appreciated.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 03:50 AM
skip francis

what do yo mean by seedy?

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 09:00 AM
skip francis

can anybody give me some imformation on this hotel