Williamsburg Hotels, etc

Search

Williamsburg Hotels, etc

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Williamsburg Hotels, etc

I am still trying to book a hotel in Williamsburg. Just a question -Why do so many hotels have indoor pools vs outdoor? I am checking the hotel websites and it looks like pools are not a priority. It has been my experience when traveling with kids the pool can be important. Does anyone know which hotel has a large, OUTDOOR pool?
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 05:20 AM

We liked the Woodlands located at the Visitors Center. It's fairly new, has a great OUTDOOR pool and wonderful continental breakfast.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 06:03 AM

We've also stayed at the Woodlands, twice, and it does have a great new pool, includes a continental breakfast and is within walking distance to Colonial Williamsburg.

Also if your kids love water like mine do, make sure you visit Water Country USA, it's a great way to break up all the museums and historical viewing. Your kids will love it.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 07:31 AM

I stayed at the Radisson Fort Magruder. It has a huge outdoor pool and also an indoor pool. It was really a lovely property, the photos on the website do not do it justice. The breakfasts were delicious.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 02:50 AM

We just returned from Williamsburg (family of 4) and had a terrific experience staying at Greensprings Plantation. And they have both an indoor and an outdoor pool (along with minigolf, pingpong, basketball and board games). We had a 2BR/2BA villa and spent an average of 1$160 a night. It was well kept and very plush. Check them out on www.greenspringsplantation.com.

We LOVED Williamsburg as a family destination.