Reload this Page >

Williams, Grandcanyon Railway

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Sue

We were planing to take this trip. But are unsure which Package to take, for we have little children. under the age of 5years old.
If anybody has an input we would greatly appricated.we would like to some other side trips. Like Old Tucson. and If anybody has
any other sugestion we would like them. we are planning this trip the first part of July. We also have older children.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 03:49 PM

ttt

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 05:29 AM
garyt

Sue - Deciding on the the Williams trip and GC Railroad brings one major question you need to answer... Will your gang be impressed by riding on an old-fashioned Choo-Choo? If so... go for it... my kids loved riding the rails, eating junk food, driking Coke out of the old style glass bottles, and the stick-up by cowboys, who boarded the train for an old west heist... If you think they won't care or be interested, drive...

Other side trips could include a quick stop at Meteor Crater, Jerome, Volcano park, and Rawhide near Scottsdale.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:36 PM
Sarah M

Took my 80 year old mother and three daughters a year ago. The nice hotel at the train station wasn't available, big disappointment staying in comfort inn or one of those.

We had the best time however, the food in ourpackage deal at the station was so bad we had to leave and had a very hard time finding something to eat! Highlight was train ride and Canyon. Williams leave alot to be desired. My kids were bored on the train, but content with books their music. All in all - worth the trip but don't count on Williams for anything.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:30 PM
kam

Thought about this a couple years ago but got such negative feedback we didn't do it. I've been in Williams and agree, there's not much there.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 12:49 PM
d

Has anyone had a good trip to williams. And were all the meals bad? Iwas planning on staying 2 nights with train ride.