Reload this Page >

Wildcat Inn Jackson NH - Need Feedback/Views

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 05:54 AM
Simon

Anybody stayed at the Wildcat Inn Jackson NH - Looking for a reasonably priced Inn, centrally located for a trip this winter, This appears to fit the bill, but Would like personal feedback if possible.

Thanks

Old Nov 22nd, 2001, 11:22 PM
Simon

Still looking for info, Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Old Nov 24th, 2001, 04:17 PM
Karen

Have never stayed there but have been by many times. It sits right on the main road through Jackson. Have stayed at the Eagle Mountain House in Jackson and loved it. It's an old wooden hotel but rooms have modern conveniences. The restaurant was great! The White Mountain Hotel in No. Conway is also very nice. It's a more modern hotel set at the base of one of the cliffs. Quiet but convenient to No Conway etc. We have stayed there many times.

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Eileen

Haven't stayed at the Wildcat, but have had wonderful dinners in the dining room. I think there's also a pub there, but I can't vouch for that. The location is right in Jackson Village -- which doesn't consist of much. However, it's quite pretty, handy to various ski areas, outside of North Conway which can be quite hectic, and right on some beautiful cross-country ski trails. The inn itself looks quite rustic from the outside, but intriguing.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 07:40 AM
sandra

Simon,

I also have not stayed at the Wildcat Inn but I'm very familar with Jackson and have enjoyed apre ski in the Wildcat Tavern. The tavern is very rustic with a roaring fireplace and lots of couches and tables for relaxing and conversation. Sometimes a little music is added. Lunch in the restaurant has always been a pleasure and the desserts are wonderful. You requested centrally located and the Inn is in the center of Jackson - which is a charming village that you enter thru a covered bridge. Very picturesque new england style village with a couple of shops, a couple of old inns with restaurants and pubs (one with a golf course that is used for xcountry skiing in the winter.)and some B&Bs. Jackson is noted for it's excellent xcountry ski center and it does it right. There are miles and miles of wonderfully maintained trails, lots of places to stop along the way for a drink, sometimes the ski patrols light a fire along the Ellis River Trail and serve hot chocolate. It's really a wonderful place. There's also a nice Irish pub called the Shannon Door with good traditional music. Jackson is north of North Conway and is much quieter and you are within a couple of miles of all that North Conway has to offer - if you like shopping, crowds, etc. Note: Route 16 is the main drag thru No. Conway and it gets very busy and traffic is usually a problem. There is a road called West Side Road that you can take that parallels Rte. 16 from the lights in Conway to avoid the mess.
I had a friend with a ski house in the area but always thought I'd like to stay at the Wildcat Inn. Hope you enjoy it.