Reload this Page >

Widespread ages of children

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Kim

We are planning a trip to Disney World and Universal St. with my sister's family in May. I am concerned about the widespread ages of all the children. Ages 4,8,16,17 &18. Any ideas for everyone to have a great time? I'm worried that we will be splitting up most of the time and not having enjoyable time together.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Karen

The teens will probably hang together anyway as none wants to be with a 4 year old. Let the teens roam as much as possible as a group and spend your time with the little kids. The teens will come around more than you think but will also have their privacy.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Judy

I just came back from doing the parks (have been many times) with my 2 sons, 14 & 16 and a just turned 9 yr. old nephew. The 9 yr. old totally kept up the same pace as the teens - did everything they did including all of the roller coasters & IOA. IOA is fantastic - there are lots of things the 4 yr. old will love at IOA. You can split up for stretches of time and meet back together. My teens spent lots of time on their own and even went to the parks 2 days by themselves. What can I say - they are theme park addicts.

I say break up the configurations off and on, but realize the older kids are going to want to do their own thing. We had cell phones - kids had one so we could stay in touch. They also have walkie talkies for rent @ the parks. If you have never been, you should get a good book that will describe all of the attractions and age appropriateness.

Thinking a game plan through before you go is wise - what parks you are going to, what is likely to appeal to who at different parks, etc. Check out www.disboards.com

Have an awesome time!! There is great fun to be had for all.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Sara

Just for kicks let the teens take the two little ones for a while. The little guys will love it and even the big kids might enjoy seeing it through younger eyes and would have a good time. May depend on the personality/attitude of the older kids but sometimes they just have to do it because.... and they might enjoy it after all!

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 06:14 AM
lani

Taking cells phones is what we did. Met up with the teens around dinner time to share daytime experiences. Meet for the evening together at say Epcot (fireworks show) or Magic Kingdom (parade of lights) for events that are for all ages. Trying to keep everyone together all the time will be frustrating and not fun. Same thing for Universal--meet at City Walk for dinner/shopping/movies at end of day.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 06:34 AM
xxx

I guess IOA is Islands of Adventure.