Reload this Page >

Why even bother to travel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Dale Gurea

I am through with travel, done, feedup, angry and just plain done with the whole crazy activity.

Travel is painful! Delayed flights, crowded roads, tolls, hotels overbooked, noisy rooms, rude service, tasteless food at cookie cutter eating establishments, etc, etc.

Why bother?

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 07:06 AM
sherri

Yes, travel is stressful. You must weigh the bad vs the good and make your decision. Please stay home. You'll be happier.

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 11:33 AM
Brian Kilgore

Dale, sometimes I think you are right.

Once you've seen a milion old buildings, the subtle differences of building one million and one are getting hard to appreciate.

I have the fortune (or misfortune) to live in Toronto, where I can eat as if I'm in most counties of the world (still can't get a lobster like along the Maine shoreline, but otherwise...)

It's easy enough to find folk dances and art exhibits here, and so on.

I used to travel almost constantly, primarily in Canada but also in the US, and I've been to Europe several times.

Now I'm getting lazy; if I was going to take a trip, I think I'd want a Med. cruise on a big ship. I still would like to see the pyramids and Venice, but I don't look forward to lugging my luggage through train stations and arguing about extra charges on hotel bills.

About rude servie; I read a great article the other day where the writer was astounded that she actually got good service. So astounded she wrote an article about it. (Hotel Empress in Victoria, for afternoon tea, for those curious)

BAK

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 01:11 PM
x

God! Are you people for real?? Poor service, cookie cutter blah blah. DON'T YOU HAVE AN ENTIRELY NEW PERSPECTIVE ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT IN THIS WORLD AND WHAT'S NOT?? Man if this hasn't done it for you, nothing will.

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 05:48 PM
Norm

No kidding.
Prime example of what pisses me off most about the current USA: bitching, whiny, egocentric, self-serving, I'm-all-that-matters people seem to be the majority any more.

Hey, Dale, I'm sure there's some room for you in AFGHANISTAN if this is all that's got your attention today!!!

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 06:44 PM
sad

I think the same today - what's really the point of anything anymore.