Reload this Page >

Who has the best concierge service?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Stash

Last February my wife and I have stayed on the club level of the Ritz Carlton Cleveland and were blown away by the service and presentation. Five courses of finger food presented through the day with open bar from 1:00 – 10:00. They waited on us hand and foot; we didn’t have to leave the hotel for the entire weekend…

Our questions is what other hotels club level/concierge compare.

We want to go back this year, but they bumped the rate to $300 per night. We paid $129 plus a $30 charge per day to get up to the club level/concierge last year. Being told they have a new revenue manager and he isn’t making deals on the rooms right now. I asked her what the occupancy rate was – they were at 20% last weekend – wonder why.

I realize that we could save a lot of money in a nice hotel and just go out to eat, but my wife really liked the idea of being in one place with the excellent service.

We are willing to jump on a plane for the weekend. Got plenty of miles and it would be nice to 'really' get out of town for the week-end rather than just being in downtown Cleveland…

Stash

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 06:21 PM
duh

At last, I've finally met the last of the big spenders!

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 06:44 PM
susan

The concierge floor of Charleston Place was the BEST. The food was so obscenely good we didn't want to leave the hotel.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Bill

I hate "concierge level" accommodations. Why not just improve the entire hotel!?!?

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 12:55 AM
Vic

Well you're experienced the best. The Ritz Carltons, especially at their resorts are over the top. The one in Palm Springs changes their food service five times a day. Of course, it more than $30 per day.

Hyatt's Regency Clubs in Hawaii and overseas are nice. Free booze and attractive food.

By and large concierge service in the US is figure food like you find at happy hour at bars. And liquor is not free.

Many are closing because of low occupancy.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Stash

Thanks for the replies...

We stayed at WDW Yacht Club in the fall n the concierge level and were disapointed - it wasn't bad just not great. And by what I am hearing - the Ritz may be the best.

Any more comments?

Stash

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 08:44 AM
xxx

FYI: The Ritz Carlton in Rancho Mirage (Palm Springs) was sold off and no longer exists.