Search

Which Waikiki Luau?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Waikiki Luau?

Hello. My fiancee and I are going to Waikiki on our honeymoon, and we want to attend a luau. The top two I have found online are Paradise Cove and Germaine's. Does anyone have any thoughts on which is better or another suggestion? Thanks!
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 10:16 AM

Polynesian cultural Center (PCC) has the best Polynesian entertainment in Hawaii. Much better than Paradise Cove or Germaine's.

Paradise Cove is a little better than Germaine's. Both are located about a 50 minute drive (or bus ride) from Waikiki.

Best Waikiki show is Creation: A Polynesian Journey. They have the best Polynesian dancers on Oahu. But the location is in a ballroom rather than a nice beach.

Lots of Oahu info:

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...1&tid=34812564
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 12:42 PM

I agree with Dusty on the Polynesian Cultural Center. It has far and away the best show. I thought the Royal Hawaiian luau in Waikiki had a good show and the best food, but I don't know how the luau will be affected by the upcoming renovations on the Royal Hawaiian.
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 08:27 PM

If you are going before June 2nd, then I can suggest the Royal Hawaiian Luau. You can walk there from most Waikiki hotels, and stroll on the sand after the show, where tiki torches are lit up and down the beach. It's located ocean front with a view of Diamond Head. The food and Mai Tai's are really good.

The PCC does not serve alcohol if that is something you are interested in.
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:00 PM

We really enjoyed PCC's luau. We spent the day there exploring the facility and then ended the day at the luau.

We have also been to Germaine's during our honeymoon...it was a really nice experience too.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:06 PM

We hated the Polynesian Cultural Center Luau. It was like eating in a cafeteria. Crummy food and obnoxious kids everywhere. There is no liquor served there, so don't expect mai tais. There is absolutely nothing romantic or memorable about this luau. Worst of all, I got sick on the way home and my stomach was messed up for the rest of the trip. I blame it on the food, especially the poi.