Which Niagara Falls Marriott?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2005, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Message: Hi again all. I posted this on the Canada thread as well, but thought I'd get more traffic here. I'm going to be visiting Niagara Falls in July for 1 night on the way to Toronto. I have a Marriott certificate good for 1 night, and am wondering which hotel is best--the Renaissance Fallsview, Courtyard, or Marriott Fallsview (all on the Canadian side). I'm traveling with my wife and daughters (10 and 7) and our primary objective is to visit the Falls and ride the Maid of the Mist. I can get a room with 2 queens at any of the listed hotels, so what I'm looking for is the location closest to the Falls. Can anyone provide their insight? As always, thanks!

Old Jan 20th, 2005, 05:55 AM

I stayed at the Marriott Fallsview once with my wife. Its gorgeous. Outstanding place. It appeared to me to be closest to the Falls. I looked out the window of my hotel room and I could see clearly down below me (because the Marriot and the Renaissance both overlook the falls from a perched hill/bluff above) the Table Rock and the Canadian Falls.

The Courtyard is more towards the hub-bub of the downtown area, further away from the Falls.

The Renaissance is to the north of the Marriot by a few blocks, not far at all, walking distance, but clearly it looked like the Marriott was closer to the Falls. I think they are even both on the same street: Fallsview Blvd.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 06:03 AM

I would say the Marriott Fallsview. Forget the Courtyard. Both the Renaissance and Marriott are on the same street but the Marriott is about a block closer to the Canadian falls.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 09:32 AM

The Marriott Fallview is great! The 2-story suites (top floor) have enormous windows & the best view I've ever seen from a hotel room.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 09:34 AM

marriott fallsview is a good location