Search

which Island?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 10:48 PM
Shaun

which Island?

G'day,we are visiting Hawaii for our honeymoon staying mainly on Oahu,which other Island would you guys recommend for us to stay at?

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 11:03 PM
lcuy

Hi Shaun,
You must be new here! if you click on "hawaii" and "find" up above, you will pull up all the hawaii posts since long ago. The subject has been debated long and hard, as there are many reasons why people prefer one island or another...
Take a look through these and you should get a good sense of where you'd like to go.
PS Are you Ausralian?..we had a great time there in June!

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 04:33 AM
Sarah

Kauai or big Island. I like Kauai for it's size and diversity but I can't imagine going to Hawaii and not seeing the volcano at night.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 10:18 PM
Shaun

Thanks for your replies...
Yep I'm Australian,(was it my lazy talk that gave it away),I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.This is such a great place.
Is it Kauai that has the active volcanos?Please excuse my lack of knowledge but that makes it more interesting when I get there,so much to learn.
also the Natural Olympic titles are being held in Honolulu in November at the Diamond Head Theater,could someone find a phone number for me so I can get some tickets please,I'll buy you a beer....cya...Shaun & Tiffany.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 09:24 AM
Tandy

Shaun, My favorite island is Kaui and our favorite place to stay their is the Sheraton Princeville. The view from you window is to die for. Nothing comerical, just mountains, sky and sea. Our favorite PLACE to stay is in Maui http://www.maui.net/~paliuli/ This is the most ROMANTIC and beautiful place I have ever stayed. (It's even better than the web site!) If you can re-schedule your Oahu stay, I think you would be happier spending more time on oneor more of the other islands. We have been to all of the islands and Maui and Kaui many times
Happy honeymoon.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 09:40 AM
phil

Shaun,
Hopefully, you are not spending your entire Honeymoon in Waikiki on Oahu. It is similar to the most developed areas of the Sunshine Coast. High rise hotels, families with kids, senior citizens.

Kauai, would be similar to the Northern Queensland area near Port Douglas (except for the lack of 'crocs.)

I would highly recommend Kauai as it is less developed and has some fantastic natural beauty. Waimaia Canyon, the Na' Pali Coast, and numerous waterfalls.

Kauai has no active volcanoes. If you do go, it is the best place in Hawaii for a helicopter tour.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 11:16 AM
andrew

If you want a island without the hustle and bustle I would try Molokai or Lanai they both have fine accomidations for honeymooners.