Search

Which hotel???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 03:50 PM
Elizabeth

Which hotel???

We need help picking hotels. In Kauai is the Hyatt better than the Sheraton? We will be there in December so we want to be on the south shore and the price for both are about the same. In Waikiki I am trying to decide between the Royal Hawaiian Sheraton in the historic building and the Ali tower at the Hilton. We will be traveling with two kids ages 6 & 9 and are looking for a combination of luxury and kid fun. Thanks!!!

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 04:18 PM
MissMaui

Mahalo Elizabeth! I'm assuming, of course, that when you ask which hotel is better, you are referring to the toilets.

As you know, I am NOT a travel agent, just your "regular" (get it? hahahahaha!) Hawaii traveler, but I can give you detailed descriptions of every toilet in every room of every hotel on Kauai, including gallon size, girth capacity, comfort and flush capabilites. Just give me the specs and I can find it for you. HushFlush? Try the Hyatt! Something that can handle those Lincoln Logs after a night at the luau? Try the Sheraton. Both hotels offer a combination of porcelain luxury and kid-friendly bowl height.

Honestly, I am just a marketing rep who happens to LOVE Kauai, but I can find whatever you need, so E-MAIL ME!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 01:08 PM
xx

Why no other responses to dear Elizabeth's question?? Yoohoo, travel agents, you're falling down on your promotional jobs here!

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 02:23 PM
Patrick

Elizabeth: I'm really sorry I have never been to Hawaii and can't help you with your question, hopefully someone will. I only checked your post because its vagueness didn't specify a location. Perhaps you did so on purpose. As you can see, currently there seems to be a lot of nasty people (or maybe it is only one) who refuse to believe that anyone can have a legitimate question about Hawaii. Also you may have a hard time getting an answer, because apparently anyone who answers anything about Hawaii is branded as a travel agent and bashed to death. I'm not sure what is happening to this formerly wonderful site. I am personally not bothered by an occasional travel agent post, if indeed they do exist, just these "crazies" trying to ruin the entire site by claiming everyone is a travel agent. Good luck getting an answer.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 03:01 PM
hulagirl

It's you crazy sickos who have ruined this site for us travel ag.....er....regular travelers! This used to be such a great place for free advertis...er...free advice on travel until you sickos took over!

We used to compare hotels and tours and offer recommendations with no explanation other than the fact that we came to Fodor's to recommend, just anonymous little posters with opinions about everything. That should be good enough for anyone, but nooooooooo! You perverted people have tried to fill this board with non-commercial posts, and that's just wrong. It' also un-American. I mean, who cares where the best hiking trails are? I can't make any money from that....er....I mean, go visit the NPS page if that's what you want!

Fodor's please make these crazies register!

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 08:47 PM
Barbara

Elizabeth, I have not stayed at either resort, but I did stay next to the Sheraton at a condo, it's a nice location in Poipu, but a recent poster to this site(do a search on Kauai Sheraton) had a very negative experience there with the condition of the room as well as the state of the pool and hotel in general. I think most posters on this forum had very positive things to say about the Hyatt (you can do a search on the Hyatt, too and check out the recent feedback). Have fun, it's a beautiful island with lovely people, I can't wait to go back! My son was 4 when we went last time and he absolutely loved it.