Reload this Page >

Which Disney Resort Do You Like Best

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 1998, 04:40 PM
Yvette

My husband and I are traveling with our 4 year old daughter and 10 month old son. We plan on visiting Disneyworld and would like to spend time at the hotel pool with the kids. Which hotel would you recommend the Carribean or the Coronado Spring Resorts?

Old May 12th, 1998, 07:25 AM
Wendy

My daughter and son were exactly the same ages as yours on our first trip to Disney. It was a wonderful trip. I can't help you with the resort question because we stayed at the Dixie Landings but I did want to mention that the rental strollers at Magic Kingdom are great because they are big enough for both of your kids to sit in together. Even if your daughter is not one who usually is willing to sit in a stroller, a few hours of walking usually makes a stoller rider out of even older kids! My daughter is now ten and on our last trip to Disney she was wishing the stollers were still big enough
for her.(Actually after a long day I was wishing they were big enough for me!)Also, though my son had a wonderful, smile-filled time, at ten months he didn't have much of a memory of our trip so we bought a little photo ablum that they sell there and took a picture of him with each of the characters (my daughter also got an album). That became one of his favorite books to look at and kept the excitement alive, if not the memories, until our next Disney trip. Have a great time!

Old May 12th, 1998, 07:38 AM
the joker

Would suggest Fort Wilderness Condo/Trailer Homes.

Old May 12th, 1998, 10:12 AM
Ilisa

My husband and I have stayed at Caribbean Beach twice and wouldn't hesitate to go there again. It's a beautiful resort. Port Orleans is also great.

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 10:18 AM
KEVIN MCILHINNEY

We stayed at both resorts and both are similar. They both have large main area pools with a water slide and each room area has its own smaler pool. Coranado Springs has less trees around and gives the feeling of wide open spaces.Its has a better selection of food items at the food court than the Caribbean Resort. Both are great but we give a slight edge to the C.S. ...HAVE FUN!!

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 04:56 AM
Mary Drexler

The Boardwalk Villas!! They are first class, all the way!

Old Jul 31st, 1998, 08:25 PM
Jewel

I've never been to either of those, but my personal favorite is the Polynesian Resort. It has the convenience of the monorail running through it, which goes directly to the Magic Kingdom, or you can switch monorail at the Transportation and Ticket center to go to Epcot. They run more often than buses. It's a shorter trip back to the hotel mid-day to go swimming. They have a beach on the lake, and a slide into the swimming pool. They also have the Neverland Club for the kids at night when you might go to Pleasure Island. That was my kids' favorite. It serves them dinner, has a character, like Goofy show up, and also someone from Discovery Island comes and brings an animal. They show Disney movies there as well, with free video games, too. They give you a beeper in case of emergencies, so they can locate you. The hotel's atmosphere can't be beat, and it couldn't be more convenient.