Where to stay near Red Rocks Ampitheater?

Jun 21st, 2005, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Where to stay near Red Rocks Ampitheater?

I'll be going to a concert at Red Rocks Ampitheater in Colorado this September...it will be my first time out there, does anyone know where there are good but fairly inexpensive places to stay nearby? Also, is Denver the best airport to fly into? Anyone know good fly fishing in the area?
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:31 PM
MaureenB

If you want to stay near Red Rocks, you could look at staying in Golden for a 'small town' atmosphere, or even Evergreen if you want a foothills location. I don't know if the small town of Morrison, which is closest to Red Rocks, would have a B&B or a motel, but you could try there, too. Or stay on the west side of Denver, I think there's a Sheraton near Simms Rd.. For fly-fishing, look into the Deckers area. And, yes, you would fly into Denver. Red Rocks is amazing. My two teens are there tonight, in fact. It's not a long drive from central Denver, so you could stay even downtown if you want, and only be about 30 minutes' drive from Red Rocks. What concert are you going to? Check out their website for a map and maybe lodging recommendations.

Jun 21st, 2005, 06:50 PM
Tess

Are you going to John Mellencamp, by chance? We'll be there--can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:46 PM

Stay at The Marriott Denver West off I-70 & Denver West Parkway near Golden. We were there last weekend, very nice indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center, restaurant, bar, only about 15-20 minutes to Red Rocks, and about the same to downtown Denver. Enjoy!
Jun 22nd, 2005, 02:12 PM

Travel west of the Red Rocks exit to Evergreen(about 10") and stay at the Quality Inn located next to the historic El Rancho Restaurant. The views are spectacular and a great dose of Rocky Mtn High!!!
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:22 AM

The Denver West Marriott is a good choice as well as Holiday Inn Express at C-470 and Ken Caryl Rd.

Sue
Jul 7th, 2005, 05:29 AM

I agree with the recommendation to stay in Evergreen... Most every chain hotel has a place in Denver West (Hampton Inns, Courtyard, etc) which are all close to Red Rocks. And these are also close. Evergreen is much quainter than C470.
Jul 7th, 2005, 05:31 AM

Oh yes, and in Evergreen is a fly fishing place called the Blue Quill Angler. You may want to contact them on recommendations. I always see fly fishers up at Echo Lake which is at about 10,000 feet and nestled in a lovely mountain location.