Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Moab without buying the farm

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 1998, 09:11 AM
Dean

Need recommendations on where to stay in Moab without having your own bank. We will be staying there for 4-6 days. We have 2 teenage boys(15 & 17) so they will need some space. After 4 nights together in Yellowstone last summer, we finally realized this. Anything will be helpful. Has anyone stayed at the Sunset Motel? Thanks

Old Nov 27th, 1998, 01:58 PM
jeff

There's a Super 8 in Moab but its more like a holidya inn type of motel but with Super 8 rates. this is at the far north end of town and I would recommend staying here. I was just there in 10/98 and it was a nice place to stay.

Old Nov 27th, 1998, 02:38 PM
Bob Brown

I, too, stayed at the Super 8.
I recall that the rooms were a little smaller than those at a Holiday Inn, but Moab in general seems expensive where motels are concerned.
The Super 8 was OK. We were not there much because we were walking around at Arches and Canyonlands and the Utah State Parks in the vacinity.

Old Jan 2nd, 1999, 03:31 PM
joan seltzer

Last summer we were in moab for a 4 day rafting trip and stayed at the dreamkeepers bed and breakfast before leaving and on our return. It has elegant rooms, good coimmon space and a pool with a hot tub. The hosts are very interesting peiople and the rates are competitive with the cookie cutter motels. Reservations are a must. Don't have the phone number, but they are listed (I think they have a web page as well).

Old Jan 2nd, 1999, 03:32 PM
joan seltzer

Last summer we were in moab for a 4 day rafting trip and stayed at the dreamkeepers bed and breakfast before leaving and on our return. It has elegant rooms, good coimmon space and a pool with a hot tub. The hosts are very interesting peiople and the rates are competitive with the cookie cutter motels. Reservations are a must. Don't have the phone number, but they are listed (I think they have a web page as well).

Old Jan 5th, 1999, 11:20 AM
Judy

We were there a couple of years ago. We stayed at the Sunflower Inn B & B. It is one of the finest we've stayed in. We had a 2 room suite. It had 2 double beds and a single bed and a bathroom. Breakfast was included. There were all kinds of ammenities. Free lemonade, ice cream snacks, a hot tub and just a lovely area-you feel like you're in the country, even though it is in town. Extremely relaxing. I think we paid about $100-125, but there is lots of space! Good luck.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 05:35 PM
audra

I would NOT stay at the Days Inn. Stayed there last year and the management was awful. We're not big fans of Days' Inns anyway, and this one will be the LAST one we patronize.

The management was totally inflexible, unfriendly, and borderline rude. There are lots of "mom & pop" motels located right in town that are neat and clean; had we realized how cute Moab is, we would have chosen one of them.