Reload this Page >

where to stay in Miami, FL?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2000, 04:11 PM
Lois

My husband and I are going to Miami in July. Does anyone know of a hotel in a nice section of Miami? What about Coral Gables? Has anyone been in that area?

Old May 26th, 2000, 05:02 PM
Joy

Back in November, I was at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel (it's a bit north of the Delano and is relatively new). It was very nice-beautiful pool, nice rooms, etc. It's a little pricey in the low to mid $200 range in the off-season.

Old May 27th, 2000, 01:39 PM
Sheryl

My recommendation would be to bid for a 4* hotel through either Priceline or Expedia's Hotel Price Matcher in one of the following zones: Miami Beach, Coconut Grove or Coral Gables.

I host a forum to discuss bidding at http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

Old May 28th, 2000, 08:03 AM
emily

Three yrs ago in March we stayed on Key Biscayne at a motel/hotel right next door to the Sonesta. It was clean, modest, pool on beach shared with sonesta. I think it is called the Coral or Silver
Sands or some such name. Was one third of the sonesta. KB is really neat & a quick drive to coral gables which is lovely , miami, viscaya. Triple aaa s books are real good at highlighting nice state parks & touristic stuff in that area. At beginning of causeway to KB is a fabulous restaurant with an outdoor seating area with a wonderful nightime view of miami. If you golf, lots of nice spots on KB; there is also a very snazzy historic htoel in Coral gables--biltmore I think.

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 09:13 AM
jeanie

Just spent the last weekend in Miami Beach. Stayed at Wyndham Miami resort, 5 star service, private beach, pool with music and bar, spacious beach view room, all at $99. What a geat deal, check it out at Expedia.

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 04:48 PM
sabrina

The Biltmore in Coral Gables is outstanding. And they have the best Sunday brunch in the area.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 05:35 AM
edye

my husband and I stayed at a hidden gem on a private island just off Cocoanut Grove called the Grove Isle Club in March. Excellent service, fabulous restaurant called Baleen, and really just a quite getaway place an easy drive from all the action of So. Beach, the Grove, Key Biscayne and Coral Gables. Rates were very good for all the amenities. The Biltmore is also an excellent choice but last I checked was $$$$$. Biltmore has a famous pool, and lovely spa. Loews Miami Beach is HUGE and very "conventiony", everything South Beach is NOT.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 09:20 AM
Sabrina

The Mayfair House in Coconut Grove is nice too. Biltmore is expensive but worth it if you have the bucks.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 09:45 AM
Paula

Hi, Lois! We like The Sheraton(Bal Harbour). Nice pool, beach is lovely,
shops of Bal Harbour & a great little
Italian restaurant (or was it French???) across the street. If you do go, make
sure you call ahead to make sure there
are no conventions booked during the time you intend
to be there because they tend to 'take-
over' the beach/pool area with games, loud music and receptions around the pool. Management will
actually come over & TELL (not ask!)
you to move if you are sitting where they plan to set up a reception! They
also have this habit of roping off
selected areas where you are not permitted to sit if there will be a party or reception there later in the day. By the way, these just happen to be the choice areas around the pool!