Where to Stay in Maui, Hawaii for $300 or Less

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a young couple that are looking to stay for the first time at a romantic Place in Maui around the west coast perferably Ka'anapali or Lahaina.
We are looking to spen $300 dollars or less for the stay each night

We are going there for One Week.

Any Ideas Where to Stay?
And What to Do?
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 06:49 AM

You are in luck! just about everywhere on the West side is $300/nt or less. Expedia has Ritz for $299/nt mountain view. Like many resorts, the mountain view rooms often have ocean view too. Im partial to the Ritz, but go to tripadvisor and see which hotel/condo is best for you. You find one you like for $150-200
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 12:44 PM

If you want a condo, go to VRBO.com

You will find many in your price range.
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM

I'm sure the Ritz is nice, but it is at Kapalua, not Kaanapali or Lahaina. I personally like Kaanapali (a lot of other people think it's too busy, but I don't like solitude!). Kapalua is farther north, and the hotel is not right on the beach, you have to take a golf cart down to the beach. I'm not trying to dissuade you from the Ritz at all, just to be sure you know the difference between the various areas and hotel types. Kaanapali is a "development", meaning you drive in, and then there are a number of hotels and condo developments, as well as the Whaler Village Shopping Center. Starting from the south, you have the Hyatt, Marriott (timeshares), Kaanapali Alii (condos), Westin, Whaler Village, Whaler Condos, Kaanapali Beach Hotel, Sheraton (not sure if I've left any out). Sheraton is the north end of the main part of Kaanapali Beach - the beach path runs the entire length. Then NORTH of Black Rock are more developments like the Westin timeshare villas, I think an Embassy Suites Hotel (both of which they also call Kaanapali Beach, but being north of Black Rock, it's not what most visitors would consider Kaanapali Beach), Napili Bay, Kapalua, etc.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 01:57 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
here's the other thread
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

i found my old thread yayyy...

thank you all for your help i finaaly got this site down with the help of other i know i have said this but i cant help but say it again i love this site..

we dont think we are going to go to the ritz i feel its to much to stay on a graveyard
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

we are looking at staying a the Royal Lahanina Resort Ken Really likes this place and he used to live in Florida on the beach and wants to stay on it for our honeymmon he has let me plan everything for the wedding that i think i should let him pick our honeymoon hotel.

any opions on this place?
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 08:45 AM

When will you be there? It will make a difference in the price.

We stayed a few summers ago at the Outrigger's Aina Nalu, in Lahaina and LOVED it! It was easy to get to Ka'anapali and Napili but great just walking around to the different things in Lahaina. Much easier to walk to cheaper places to eat than in Ka'anapali, imo. Right now their rates are around $165.
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM

Old Feb 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM

Oops, forgot the link:
http://www.outrigger.com/hotels-reso...gger-aina-nalu
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 05:01 AM

We stayed at an oceanfront condo at Papakea in Ka'anapali which was very nice. Rented thru VRBO. Prices were reasonable.
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 07:33 PM

When are you planning to visit Maui? Many hotels are having promotions for the period between now and mid-April, such as Sheraton, Marriott, etc. We are going in June, and I found great discounts on Expedia. However, only if you get a package (I am looking into car + hotel). If you search for hotels only, the prices are the same as booking directly with the hotel.
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
ttt
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

we are looking to stay next August on the 8th for 1 week in 2010. we are lookinh at buying air hotel and car together to save some money. we afre from ny. the westside of ny in rochester.
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 08:57 AM

I know it's too early to plan for 2010 summer. My personal preference is hotels in South Maui. I lived in Maui Prince and postively surprised by the location, setting, room quatlity etc. I paid $190/nt per room for a partial ocean view room. Double doors, large room and balcony, high ceiling, two showers and free parking etc.

I tend to think there are lot of good deals going on now given the state of the economy. To take advantage of the promotions, you may want to do the trip this summer instead of next year.
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 09:07 AM

hx88, it's their honeymoon, so I doubt going a year early is in the cards!!
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM

maybe not, maybe yes

Royal Lahanina is a fine hotel. I especially like the beach before it. And I can even see whales from room (in Feb only).

A very similar setting with Maui Prince. But M.P. facility is much newer and expansive.

Old Mar 1st, 2009, 03:00 PM

If you want privacy, great beaches, and much more than just a hotel room, consider South Maui and especially the south end of Kihei. You would be much closer to the airport (only 8 mi to Kihei and also closer Haleakala and the "Upcountry" towns and sights. The latest edition of "Maui Revealed" lists the "Kihei Kai Nani" condominium resort as one of Maui's best values and gives it a gold bar rating. You can view individual condos for rent at the KKN by going to www.kiheikainani.com They have some videos which show you exactly what individual units look like.
The current prices are $168 per night (winter high season) and $118 per night from mid-April through mid-Dec. You can get an additional $5 per night off by making an on-line reservation. For that you get a complete living room, dining room, full kitchen, bedroom and bath with everything you need for a great vacation - including beach chairs, beach towels and other extras. We've stayed there many times and it's like having your own home on Maui. Some KKN condos are also for rent at vrbo.com and prices vary by owner. I don't know when your honeymoom will take place but there is currently an $88 special for the month of March. If you book your accommodations separately, try booking your flight and rental car together as a vacation package because that usually saves money. United "Vacations" as well as some of the other airlines book fly and drive packages. Pick up free Maui visitor guides at the airport for coupons and lists of things to see. You'll probably spend at least two days traveling so if you can, it's wise to plan at least 9 days total to have a whole week for enjoying Maui.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 04:37 PM

I guess to each his own. I eliminated Kihei Kai Nani from my list after reading "between the lines" and sometimes outright frank comments on Trip Advisor and elsewhere. If I'm renting a condo "on" the beach on Maui, then I want that preferably with a waterfront balcony right on the water-- not a complex of buildings that mostly have no beach view, and is across the very busy street from the beach. Just a personal preference on my part.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM

By the way, I'm not sure about the "latest edition" of Maui Revealed, but their current website says this about Kihei Kai Nani -- "It's across the street from Kama'ole II Beach, but the views of it aren't too great. In fact, avoid the buildings closest to the beach (1-3 and 13) due to traffic noise. (Since it's across the street from the water, closer to beach means closer to the road.) The buildings are cheap mid-'70s construction, but the rooms are clean and functional, and the kitchens are complete."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -