Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Martha's Vineyard???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Karen

Please help! My girlfriends and I are trying to plan a long weekend this summer in the Vineyard and unfortunately we are all clueless on where to stay (where NOT to stay) and what to do. We are 25/26 and our reasons for going are to relax on the beach and go out at night. Any suggestions?? We would rather stay in walking distance of restaraunts and bars and drive to the beach. Is that possible? Thanks in advance for any info./advice!

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 02:30 PM
charles

THere is no place not to stay for crime reasons - there isn't any. But if you want to be within walking distance of restaurants and bars, you should stay in edgartown. You will still be in walking distance of a nice beach.

Oak Bluffs is the only other town with Bars. It will be sustantially cheaper, but not quite as nice.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Eman

Vineyard Haven is a dry town-don't stay there. Check out Capecod.com for listings of B&B's There aren't many hotels on the island.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Karen

Thank you both so much for your help. I'll take a look at that website you recommended Eman.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Sandra

Karen,
Another web site for you is the Martha's Vineyard Chamber of Commerce site at www.mvy.com. There will be info on the ferry - if you plan to take a car -reservations are expensive and you must have them in advance. If you do not take a car - there is a pretty good bus service on the island to get you to beaches etc. I'm sure the web site will have info on schedules. There are also good bike paths.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:37 AM
DougD

Sounds like Oak Bluffs might be your best choice - lots of nightlife, some nice beaches nearby. There are a few victorian hotels along the harbor that are fairly inexpensive, and are very centrally located.