Where to stay in Flagstaff

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Peggy

Where to stay in Flagstaff

I need to book a room for April and I know it's a busy time of year. Any recommendations for a hotel in Flagstaff? Thanks!

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Merilee

Hi Peggy...there are so many chain hotels and motels to choose from in Flagstaff...two that come to mind are the Best Western Kings House Motel on Route 66 and the Best Western Pony Soldier, which has an enclosed pool and spa and offers a complimentary continental breakfast...the Best Western Kings House Hotel also offers a complimentary breakfast...there are lots restaurants to choose from too.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 10:45 AM
tratto

Check to see which one of the BW's is away from the traintracks. My friends stayed at one of them and the room shook and it sounded like the train was running down the hall.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Terry

Little America Hotel in Flagstaff is a nice place to stay and is pretty reasonable (about $100/night).
http://www.littleamerica.com/flagstaff/

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Peggy

Thanks all.... I heard about the noise from the trains in Flagstaff. Any other suggestions for someplace off the beaten path such as a bed and breakfast? I did come across the Sled Dog Inn and that's looks pretty cool... anyone stayed there?

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Peggy

Thanks for the tip of Little America. This place looks great - esp. the pool. I think this is the one I'll pick

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Flagstaff Lodging

Stayed at the Hampton Inn last April for $79 Saturday night with AAA discount.
Very nice and bountiful buffet breakfast.
Indoor pool and nice room but nothing special.
The trains never stopped all night long. Checked in about 4 pm and assumed since it was a Saturday, surely they'd knock it off at 5 pm. No, they lessened in frequency but continued throughout the night.
Mentioned it next morning to counter staff, got wry smiles and was told there was no hotel in Flagstaff immune from train noise. Don't know whether that's true; just what we were told.
Pack ear plugs just in case.