Where to stay in DC near RFK Stadium

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 1998, 01:51 PM
John Wagner

To Whom it may concern,
I'm looking to go to Washington DC from June 12-15 to go to a concert at RFK Stadium. I was wondering what hotel I could stay in that is moderately priced from $65-100 a night. That is somewhat close to the stadium. Please help. Thank You.
John Wagner

Old May 12th, 1998, 04:41 PM
tj

You would not want to stay at a Hotel near Rfk. That's a bad area if you know what I mean. Stay in a hotel near the Smithonian area and take a cab or something.

Old May 12th, 1998, 09:23 PM
WL

please don't take the bus to or from the stadium, either. i did quite a few years ago, and it was very frightening, and i'm sure the situation is potentially far more dangerous these days. (this is a sad commentary on our national capital, of course.)

Old May 13th, 1998, 09:42 AM
ilisa

Don't stay at a hotel near the stadium. Regardless of what the area is like, there are no good hotels anyway. Stay near the downtown area and take the metro to the Stadium Armory stop on the orange or blue line. The metro will be full of people going to and from the concert. So will the buses. I go to RFK all the time for soccer games, and can assure you that when there are large events, you have nothing to worry about. Yes, DC has bad areas, like all cities, but there is no need to be alarmist about it.

Old May 13th, 1998, 10:33 AM
kam

I ditto everyone's advice---DON'T STAY IN THE AREA NEAR RFK STADIUM!!! I also agree with the advice not to take a bus to the stadium. The metro is OK--I think I would take a taxi to and then metro it back. Investigate whether some of the sports bars/ restaurants have chartered buses going to the stadium. Otherwise, I would stay somewhere central--it's not a very big city geographically, but in terms of safety there are great differences. BTW there's a bargain Howard Johnson's near the Watergate (metro "Foggy Bottom" on Virginia Ave at New Hampshire. It was from here that the Watergate burglars started their raid!! Has a pool and parking.