Reload this Page >

Where to Stay in Bar Harbor, Maine?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 1997, 02:01 PM
Linda Jack

Can anyone suggest some "tried and true" places to stay in Bar Harbor, moderate price range?

Old Nov 12th, 1997, 10:13 PM
andrea

I don't have a moderately priced recommendation. But, the Bar Harbor Inn was wonderful in every way. It is expensive, but we can't wait to go back. Beautiful rooms, only a few yards from the ocean, balconies to enjoy the view.

Old Nov 15th, 1997, 11:54 PM
Donna

Staying in Bar Harbor is quite pricey. You may want to consider nearby Ellsworth.

Old Dec 2nd, 1997, 06:47 PM
lana

I think the name of the B &B was "The Maples"- run by a former CA woman who tended to the nice extra, like choc on the pillow and cookies and tea in the pm. My guess is that Bar Harbor has a vistors web page that has all the B & B's listed. This place was also convenient for walking around.

Old Dec 2nd, 1997, 07:43 PM
Susan

We stayed at Robbins Motel and were very happy with it. It was extremely reasonable and the rooms were neat.

Old Dec 2nd, 1997, 07:53 PM
Michael Dunn

There is a lot of information for accomodations at this site: http://www.downeastguide.com/ I would click under the "vacations" link when you get there. Have fun.

Old Dec 3rd, 1997, 09:56 AM
Beth

Just got back from a trip to Maine. Stayed at the Black Friar Inn and loved it. Moderate by Bar Harbor standards (B&B for $85, higher in-season). Excellent in-keepers. Small, victorian inn -- very charming but not pallatial. Great breakfasts! They have a web site for more details.

Old Dec 9th, 1997, 04:00 AM
Bo

Linda,

Don't even think about getting a good deal on a room IF you're going to be there during July. It is very nice there, but it's true, room rates are a bit out of hand. If you're going to be there during warm weather, May-Sept, consider having a car or bike and stay right outside of Bar Harbor. If you're going to be there a while, consider finding a room to rent in a house.

Old Jan 18th, 1998, 04:26 PM
JoAnne

Old Jan 18th, 1998, 04:29 PM
JoAnne

Linda

The best B&B to stay in is the Hearthside. It is the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Can walk everywhere in downtown bar harbor. Best time is in July or Aug. Ask for the "Romeo & Juliet" room. I beleive we paid $120.00 a night including a great breakfast. Well worth it

Old Feb 16th, 1998, 06:20 AM
marsha

If you haven't already made plans, try The Cove Farm
Inn. It is a rustic B&B. Jerry has lived in Bar
Harbor all his life and knows all the places to go
and when to be there. His breakfast muffins are the
best but he won't share the recipe. Kids are welcome--he has 4 of his own. He also has a seperate cottage if you don't want to be in the main
house. We hope to go back there one day but our next trip is planned for the West. If you like hiking be sure to go up Beehive Mountain. Wow!!
Have a great time wherever you stay!!!

Old Mar 6th, 1998, 08:19 PM
amy

believe it or not there is a nice moderately priced
inn in Bar Harbor. my husband and i stayed
at the Seacroft Inn. Its in town, conveinent to
everything. Its a pretty white clapboard with
parking and steps away from the shore path
and a beautiful view of the ocean. the rooms
are homey and comfortable-very clean. in
the august high season we had a large first
floor room (overlooking the porch where
the inn keepers supply morning coffee) with
a private bath, microwave and refridgerator for
less then a $100 a night. It wasnt the Ritz but
it was entirely Maine.

Old Aug 16th, 1998, 09:54 AM
Robert

STAY AWAY FROM BAR HARBOR WHALE WATCH COMPANY!!! We were ripped off by the Bar Harbor Whale Watch Company (Bar Harbor, Maine). They did NOT honor their money back guarantee when we did NOT see any whales.
They would NOT refund our money. My advise is to use a reputable company!!

Robert