Where to go in Maui for New Year's Eve?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just found out our friends are going to be in Maui when we are. We are staying in Kapalua. They are staying in Kihei but eating dinner in Wailea. We'll be rushed to get down there for dinner so we're looking at a good place to meet in between for New Year's celebrating. We're early 30's & want a younger crowd environment (bar or dance club). Any suggestions?
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:31 AM

There's not much in between. Either you pick a club in Kihei or one in Lahaina. When you get here pick up a copy of MauiTime Weekly for a listing of what's happening where. Some suggestions: Paradice Bluz in Lahaina; Lulu's or Hapa's in Kihei. Mulligan's in Wailea is having a wingding, but tickets may be sold out by next week. Lulu's is in the Kalama Center with other clubs. We like to start at one and make the rounds. There's a nice martini bar there called Neptunes with acoustic, coffeehouse style entertainment.

Beware of traffic checks between Kihei and Lahaina. Is it possible for one of you to stay at the other's place for the night?
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:20 AM

I just read my last post and let me rephrase that last thought. I'm in no way condoning drinking and driving--we walk, call a cab, or use a designated driver. But even if you do not drink, there will be traffic stops set up looking for those who are drinking and driving, which will ad considerably to the traffic between west and south Maui.
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:43 PM
gyppielou

ttt

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 08:08 PM

My suggestion of Paradice Bluz in Lahaina may not be such a good idea. Looks like Paradice Bluz has the hottest ticket in Lahaina for New Year's with Nuffsedd AND Marty Dread. Tickets are $100 each and, includes a buffet like I never seen--all kine pupus, sushi bar, seafood bar, four entrees and choke deserts! I wish I could go Lahaina for that, but it's too far for me to travel on NYE. I'd only do that if I had a place to stay over there.